@Clemson Baseball

How many games will GT win @Clempson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched the replay. Becchetti hit the HR. In the next minute or so, Clempy bush league a holes took his bat into their dugout. The umps asked for it back and gave it to a GT assistant. From the reaction the assistant got in the GT dugout, he must have seen what happened. And caused it to be returned. The announcers just said they hadn't seen something like that before (not likely given Clempy a holes), but I haven't finsished watching due to a replay problem shortly thereafter.

Anyone else notice the dark streak on the Clempy relievers bill top? Looked like a dark brown tar residue on TV...........

Anyway, when I get the chance I'm going to look at some more. BTW, no one has scored 14 or more since 2/23 (Kennesaw St) on Clempy.

I think last night's win was one of the best comebacks against a good team in a must have situation that I have seen in a long time. I'm starting to believe in this team against my better ingrained reactions. In chat, I never completely gave up but thought that 5 behind was a bit too far. It usually is, but then this isn't a usual team.
I would also point out that uga only put up 4 runs in 15 innings of baseball against Clemson and I believe uga leads the country in hr's with Condon.

As I've said above, I think Tech's offense is better and one of the best in the country when we are at full strength.
You are right GtNavy...this team is different and quite special.

The move by Bakich was bush league. It was clear Clemson was just all up in their feelings after Bechetti's blast...Maybe chocolate or mydol could've helped.
To the umpire's credit though, he wasn't having any of that. Even the Clemson fans thought that was silly

You lost. Move on. Bakich complained about everything that didn't go his way yesterday. I know its a coach's job to defend his team but yesterday was just goofy with his antics.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I would also point out that uga only put up 4 runs in 15 innings of baseball against Clemson and I believe uga leads the country in hr's with Condon.

As I've said above, I think Tech's offense is better and one of the best in the country when we are at full strength.
You are right GtNavy...this team is different and quite special.

The move by Bakich was bush league. It was clear Clemson was just all up in their feelings after Bechetti's blast...Maybe chocolate or mydol could've helped.
To the umpire's credit though, he wasn't having any of that. Even the Clemson fans thought that was silly

You lost. Move on. Bakich complained about everything that didn't go his way yesterday. I know its a coach's job to defend his team but yesterday was just goofy with his antics.
I actually wondered if they grabbed the bat to see if it was illegal. Then once they realized it was ok, they just waited too see if anyone would notice that they had taken it. “What bat? Oh this bat? Is it one of yours? Sure, here ya go.”

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Clempy pitcher today is a RHP and Clempy's best. Hopefully the cavemen come to play. As always, need to run up the count and get to the pen, we did all right in the second game against the pen.

1714909643112.png

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
The Clempy pitcher today is a RHP and Clempy's best. Hopefully the cavemen come to play. As always, need to run up the count and get to the pen, we did all right in the second game against the pen.

View attachment 16112
Looks like he's been playing his best ball recently. Last four starts went pretty deep, and a combined 2 runs allowed. Agreed, need to run him out of the game quick. Give me those 9-pitch ABs!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Looks like he's been playing his best ball recently. Last four starts went pretty deep, and a combined 2 runs allowed. Agreed, need to run him out of the game quick. Give me those 9-pitch ABs!
We're gonna have our hands full today with this guy. We typicially slaughter the bullpen crew, but this guy's striking out a lot and not walking many.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
We're gonna have our hands full today with this guy. We typicially slaughter the bullpen crew, but this guy's striking out a lot and not walking many.
This is Exactly what we will see in a regional so let's start early and GET IT ON!

UNC has best team era at 4.02 - 11th in Nation
Clemson is next at 4.08- 12th in Nation
Va Tech is 4.79 - 48th in nation

We run ruled Va Tech
Offense wasn't a problem vs uncheat

Offense so far hasn't been an issue thru 2 games against Clem's Son. I'm not saying Aiden won't come out and perform as he has all year. He's got the 23rd best era in the nation and He's a freshmen. He's like their version of Drew Burress on the mound!
I'm excited to head to SC....Win or Lose...This team is fun to watch as this is exactly the game you will see in a regional.

Aidan is a great freshmen. We have a great freshmen. Let's GO!

Last edited:

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This guy has pitched in 6 ACC series and allowed only 8 earned runs, with FSU scoring 6 of them. So Duke, ND, NC St., Miami, & Pitt have only scored 2 earned runs total against him. Let's hope he has an off day because if he has one of his better days, our chances are very slim if our staff can't hold them to less than 5 runs, in my opinion.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is Exactly what we will see in a regional so let's start early and GET IT ON!

Yup. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Seeing a good RHP against our RH hitting heavy lineup. But 3 of 5 Clempy pitchers were RH in game 2. As expected we are better against LHP, but can hit RHP too.

16-10 (62%) v RHP and 11-5 (69%) v LH. Probably within reasonable variance of being the same. Don't know ERA / SoS that goes with the RHP & LHPs.

1714922882958.png

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
And we simply don't have enough good pitchers. It's been like that for years. Recruiting pitchers is like recruiting QBs, and we have been poor at both , although our new FB coach is solving that problem. Time for a change in baseball. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Well we are getting to this freshman pitching star

2-1 tigers but we had 2nd and 3rd with one out and couldn’t drive in the runners

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
Got to stop this trend of getting down early in games. Granted we have won a lot of games that way, but we all know it won’t work against good teams especially twice in one series

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Got to stop this trend of getting down early in games. Granted we have won a lot of games that way, but we all know it won’t work against good teams especially twice in one series
Also need to not leave runners on base early like they did

Should easily be 8-4 vs 8-1 but I agree with your point

Let’s just be real…Aidan Knaack wasn’t all that

It’s just that Clemson offense is that good and this stadium is built for them

310 to left
320 to right

Very small stadium

We got what we needed to grab a tourney bid

A series win would’ve been extra sweet but now go out and sweep Duke

Yes. sweep em

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't often put much stock in momentum from a single game carrying over beyond that game, but this might be an exception! With the off-day tomorrow, this win seems huge.
That'll teach me! I know better than to allow emotions (good or bad) to enter into an analysis of baseball. Example # 48,412 in my days of playing and watching baseball why one shouldn't...lesson learned (again).

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
That'll teach me! I know better than to allow emotions (good or bad) to enter into an analysis of baseball. Example # 48,412 in my days of playing and watching baseball why one shouldn't...lesson learned (again).
I actually felt we’d take one game this weekend

Emotions said two so I agree

My head says 2 vs duke but my emotions think we can sweep duke

To me, auburn and duke at home is now our season

My head says we go 3-1 this week

Ugag just swept vandy and likely now a host site

Bet $$$ we get placed in their regional

If that happens, Bring it!

I’ll definitely go

Last edited:

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually felt we’d take one game this weekend

Emotions said two so I agree

My head says 2 vs duke but my emotions think we can sweep duke

To me, auburn and duke at home is now our season

My head says we go 3-1 this week
Agree. This week, especially the Duke series, is really important. (How's that for some profound baseball punditry? 😁 ) Win and we are setup to only need a couple wins from FSU and the ACC Tourney combined, but lose and we will need a strong final 10-14 days to make the NCAA Tournament.