@Clemson Baseball

How many games will GT win @Clempson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Okay

It was a long day and just got home but WOW WOW WOW.
That was fun.

Gotta say this about Doug Kinsmore Stadium and Clem's Sons fanbase.
They b---- & moan about every call.
They also play a stupid song for every ball called on their hitters all the way up to when the pitcher goes into his motion. VERY BUSH LEAGUE IMO
The left field pole is 310 (310???) ...that's high school field measurements....2 of Clemson's hr's hit to left field would not have been out at the Rusty C!

They have great facilities but their in game tactics is just so little bush league baseball

Let's start with the noon game 1.

We just looked off. Final Exams. Break up with a girlfriend. Whatever. We just seemed out of sorts.
I will say this regarding our pitching.
Yes I know we gave up 16 hits and 11 runs however, that is what you sometimes get out of Aeden. Take the good with the bad. He pitches to contact and to Clem's Sons hitters....it wasn't soft contact.
Positives though- No walks. No errors.
Carson Ballard and the Pen held Clemson to 1 run over the final 5 innings. Great job by the pen. I saw Carson's dad at the game and I believe him and Tate (freshmen) will make a really good weekend rotation (Friday/Saturday) over the years to come

Negatives - 3 Hbp's and Clemson barreled up Aeden all three innings. Clemson put up 10 runs in 3 innings. Ouch!

I said this after my buddy and I left the stadium in the 9th to go eat lunch before game 2. The better team lost imo and I'll get to more of that in game 2!

We are a VERY good baseball team, and I don't give a flying terd about the RPI. If this team takes this series and the series against fsu or puke, they deserve to host. Don't mean to get too far ahead but few are talking that this team has a chance to win 5 straight ACC series (Three top 15 teams when we played them)! That's incredible.

The team that lost two to ugag, swept by BC and Uncheat is no more. This is a completely different ball club and even though I have my frustrations with the staff at times, you gotta tip your hat.

Guarantee this team wins the uga and bc series now!

Alright time for Game 2
Positives- Cam similar to Aeden pitches to soft contact and overall he did okay. Credit is due to Clemson's offense. I still think ours is better; however, credit is due to a tough Clemson lineup.

Everyone will want to talk about the offense and the fight & grit shown but HUGE shout out to Mason Patel. His two scoreless innings and closing out the game when both offenses went to town tonight was massive!

There are NO negatives regarding the offense.
I mentioned the extreme short porch in Left field at 310....That mattered NOT AT ALL for our hr's.
Back to Back (ab's and innings) 3 run hr's for Drew Burress. Best Freshmen in the Nation - Period- Give him the award now. My best friend and I were stunned they went after Drew again in the 8th. That second hr still hasn't landed and went out of the park. Seeing it live at the game vs Tv just gives you a different perspective.

If there is anyone in our lineup that can barrel up a baseball more than Drew, it might be Matthew Ellis. Geez Louise ....That boy is "Country Strong"

Giesler's Hr to start the rally went 400+
Vaughn Lackey- another moonshot
Beccheti Beccheti Beccheti!!!!! So very happy for this kid

Negatives- Strange coaching decisions. In the 9th, we were down a run. Giesler gets on (Leadoff hitter) by an error. Payton Green and Bobby fail to get Giesler over and both strikeout , then coach puts in Parker to pinch run ???? (HUH)....why wasn't Parker put in as pinch runner after Giesler go on...Terrible mistake that was bailed out by a MOONSHOT BY MIKE BECCHETI! As fitted jacket likes to say....It's time for Big Boy baseball and He got that and more tonight...So happy for Mike. We were chanting his name and that kid was overjoyed. I love it...we out cheered them in their crib!!! Another coaching hiccup imo....Bases loaded in the Bottom 7...Hall brings in Riley vs Mason. Mason lives in the strike zone but not lights out stuff. Riley has electric stuff but is often wild...Why bring in Riley vs Mason in that moment...?? Riley promptly walks their hitter on four straight balls pushing the lead back to 5.

I will be heading back on Sunday which could be our 5th straight series and let's be honest if Clemson has the best team era in the ACC, than we have the best offense in the ACC..bar none!

Go Jackets!
My voice is completely gone but my heart is full ....

Attachments

• IMG_0735.jpeg
    IMG_0735.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
"Predicted results" now has us losing a close one on Sunday, then winning SEVEN STRAIGHT including the Auburn midweek, sweeping Duke, and taking the first two vs the noles.

I know it doesn't mean much, but that is a big swing from before today. If that happens, we have to be on the fringe of hosting, right?
Ben

We do that and it would be cheating for us not to host....I said it in my post. Win the Clemson series and either the Duke or FSU series and take two midweeks and no question we should host.

Winning Sunday gives us 5 straight acc series wins.....That deserves a ranking..period.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody watching the game (or Techcaster572 who I believe was in attendance), what happened with Becchetti's bat after the homerun? Collin Lacy said that Bakich threw it into the Clemson dugout. Why? I thought maybe he was saying it was illegal, but they didn't seem to check it or anything.
It wasn't anything like that. Bechetti watched the homerun and carried the bat about a third of the way down the first base line and then threw it down with two hands. There was no bat flip. I just think the Clemson coach was pissed off that they blew a big lead and then had some residual anger built up from his guy that got suspended for a game last Sunday for a bat flip in a heated game with Louisville. It was a childish move by Bakich and the umps were having none of it. To Tech's credit, it didn't appear like they reacted much to the incident. Probably too busy celebrating the homer to even notice it.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't anything like that. Bechetti watched the homerun and carried the bat about a third of the way down the first base line and then threw it down with two hands. There was no bat flip. I just think the Clemson coach was pissed off that they blew a big lead and then had some residual anger built up from his guy that got suspended for a game last Sunday for a bat flip in a heated game with Louisville. It was a childish move by Bakich and the umps were having none of it. To Tech's credit, it didn't appear like they reacted much to the incident. Probably too busy celebrating the homer to even notice it.
All I saw was someone who looked like a player-manager type retrieve the bat from the Clemson dugout and return the bat to our bat rack and our players were laughing and patting him on the back. I think because Mike carried the bat so far down the line and in the excitement we did not pick up the bat and the Clemson bat girl or boy picked it up and put it in their dugout. More confusion than anything else I think. I had the sound muted so don't know what was said.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks, this explanation makes sense.

As I said in chat, Colin Lacy (whom I generally like) blew it with his reporting on this. He made it sound as if Bakich ran towards home plate, grabbed the bat, and threw it into the Clemson dugout. That would be very much a move to instigate an argument or some response from Coach Hall, but that never seemed to happen. Then Lacy said the bat had been recovered, and that was that. For about 20 seconds I was convinced that the legality of the bat was being challenged for some reason, but then it just went away and play continued. Lacy left the radio listener hanging without explanation.

Clemson has been bit a couple of times with suspensions for taunting during or after homeruns. Obertop (sp???) for game 1 yesterday as you mentioned, but also one of their top players was suspended for a game in the regional last year because he borderline taunted while running the bases on a homerun against Tennessee, received a warning, and then between innings said something to the Tennessee players exiting the field as he was running out to take his position. He was ejected and suspended for the next game. Bakich probably feels picked on regarding this topic.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Okay

It was a long day and just got home but WOW WOW WOW.
That was fun.

Gotta say this about Doug Kinsmore Stadium and Clem's Sons fanbase.
They b---- & moan about every call.
They also play a stupid song for every ball called on their hitters all the way up to when the pitcher goes into his motion. VERY BUSH LEAGUE IMO
The left field pole is 310 (310???) ...that's high school field measurements....2 of Clemson's hr's hit to left field would not have been out at the Rusty C!

They have great facilities but their in game tactics is just so little bush league baseball

Let's start with the noon game 1.

We just looked off. Final Exams. Break up with a girlfriend. Whatever. We just seemed out of sorts.
I will say this regarding our pitching.
Yes I know we gave up 16 hits and 11 runs however, that is what you sometimes get out of Aeden. Take the good with the bad. He pitches to contact and to Clem's Sons hitters....it wasn't soft contact.
Positives though- No walks. No errors.
Carson Ballard and the Pen held Clemson to 1 run over the final 5 innings. Great job by the pen. I saw Carson's dad at the game and I believe him and Tate (freshmen) will make a really good weekend rotation (Friday/Saturday) over the years to come

Negatives - 3 Hbp's and Clemson barreled up Aeden all three innings. Clemson put up 10 runs in 3 innings. Ouch!

I said this after my buddy and I left the stadium in the 9th to go eat lunch before game 2. The better team lost imo and I'll get to more of that in game 2!

We are a VERY good baseball team, and I don't give a flying terd about the RPI. If this team takes this series and the series against fsu or puke, they deserve to host. Don't mean to get too far ahead but few are talking that this team has a chance to win 5 straight ACC series (Three top 15 teams when we played them)! That's incredible.

The team that lost two to ugag, swept by BC and Uncheat is no more. This is a completely different ball club and even though I have my frustrations with the staff at times, you gotta tip your hat.

Guarantee this team wins the uga and bc series now!

Alright time for Game 2
Positives- Cam similar to Aeden pitches to soft contact and overall he did okay. Credit is due to Clemson's offense. I still think ours is better; however, credit is due to a tough Clemson lineup.

Everyone will want to talk about the offense and the fight & grit shown but HUGE shout out to Mason Patel. His two scoreless innings and closing out the game when both offenses went to town tonight was massive!

There are NO negatives regarding the offense.
I mentioned the extreme short porch in Left field at 310....That mattered NOT AT ALL for our hr's.
Back to Back (ab's and innings) 3 run hr's for Drew Burress. Best Freshmen in the Nation - Period- Give him the award now. My best friend and I were stunned they went after Drew again in the 8th. That second hr still hasn't landed and went out of the park. Seeing it live at the game vs Tv just gives you a different perspective.

If there is anyone in our lineup that can barrel up a baseball more than Drew, it might be Matthew Ellis. Geez Louise ....That boy is "Country Strong"

Giesler's Hr to start the rally went 400+
Vaughn Lackey- another moonshot
Beccheti Beccheti Beccheti!!!!! So very happy for this kid

Negatives- Strange coaching decisions. In the 9th, we were down a run. Giesler gets on (Leadoff hitter) by an error. Payton Green and Bobby fail to get Giesler over and both strikeout , then coach puts in Parker to pinch run ???? (HUH)....why wasn't Parker put in as pinch runner after Giesler go on...Terrible mistake that was bailed out by a MOONSHOT BY MIKE BECCHETI! As fitted jacket likes to say....It's time for Big Boy baseball and He got that and more tonight...So happy for Mike. We were chanting his name and that kid was overjoyed. I love it...we out cheered them in their crib!!! Another coaching hiccup imo....Bases loaded in the Bottom 7...Hall brings in Riley vs Mason. Mason lives in the strike zone but not lights out stuff. Riley has electric stuff but is often wild...Why bring in Riley vs Mason in that moment...?? Riley promptly walks their hitter on four straight balls pushing the lead back to 5.

I will be heading back on Sunday which could be our 5th straight series and let's be honest if Clemson has the best team era in the ACC, than we have the best offense in the ACC..bar none!

Go Jackets!
My voice is completely gone but my heart is full ....
So we were on the edge of getting run-ruled in the bottom of 7 and we ended up winning that game two innings later? Kinda' impressive.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Tied up at work, pull up score for game 1 and we’re getting pasted. Game 2 was able to follow up to point of the HR that maybe wasn’t as it sounded on radio, looked like we were going to pounded again. Friend texts me and say we’re down 1, then 5 mins later we’re back down 5. Figured we were toast. Pull up score thinking it was final, we’re down 1 B8. Next time I check we’re up 2, Patel is mowing them down. What a game! This team has ZERO quit in them.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
So we were on the edge of getting run-ruled in the bottom of 7 and we ended up winning that game two innings later? Kinda' impressive.
Clemson certainly hit the ball well yesterday but to Riley Stanford's credit after a bases loaded walk increased their lead to 5....he struck out the next batter and the offense went to work.

What an amazing game to be at...
It goes to near the top of my all time most favorite games to attend.

The noise coming from our contingency was awesome to hear last night...I'm telling you guys...These boys hear it and feel it. Cam Hill was pumping up us fans on the rail on the third base side.
It was awesome watching Mike round 3b bag after the go ahead hr in the 9th and pointing to the fans going absolutely nuts amongst Silence from the tiger fans....:) :) :)

Last edited:

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Tied up at work, pull up score for game 1 and we’re getting pasted. Game 2 was able to follow up to point of the HR that maybe wasn’t as it sounded on radio, looked like we were going to pounded again. Friend texts me and say we’re down 1, then 5 mins later we’re back down 5. Figured we were toast. Pull up score thinking it was final, we’re down 1 B8. Next time I check we’re up 2, Patel is mowing them down. What a game! This team has ZERO quit in them.
Best road game I've attended in a long time.

I can't wait to go tomorrow!

Our offense is just flat out relentless. Drew Burress is freshmen of the year. Period.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
What is on the line tomorrow with a win....

2 games over .500 in the ACC
5 straight acc series wins
Possible top 25 ranking (Yes I've said it...they belong)
Tied for 6th place in the ACC with Louisville and VA tech (we hold tiebreaker)
Complete control over our post season destiny (Won't have to rely on rpi and other teams losing as we are now likely in so just keep winning)

If you can make it, please go support the boys and come say hey to me. I'll be wearing my son's Tech HR chain that Ellis signed for him so you can't miss me :) I'm sure Clem's Son fans aint gonna be pleased. ;)

it's a biGTime game tomorrow!!!
Go beat the Tigers!
Go Joltin Jackets!!!

Last edited:

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope we jump on them early while their spirits are low after losing like they did yesterday and we keep their fans out of the game. Emotions on both sides will be sky high.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I sure hope we jump on them early while their spirits are low after losing like they did yesterday and we keep their fans out of the game. Emotions on both sides will be sky high.
Couldn't agree more.

Clemson is ripe for the picking tomorrow but they are vying for a national seed so this game is HUGE for both teams so I agree we need to jump on them early and often

The reason why that comeback was so huge is cause Clemson is a great baseball team and will be a host and likely national seed.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow

That was awesome watching it live but I could watch this clip over and over again...
What a game and I love it that Beccheti delivered the game winning hr

Listen to how loud it was...Our crew of ten + fans were going nuts down that 3rd base line. I think I heard my best friend screaming "Get Some" like he did yesterday in that clip ;)

Last edited:

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What is on the line tomorrow with a win....

2 games over .500 in the ACC
5 straight acc series wins
Possible top 25 ranking (Yes I've said it...they belong)
Tied for 6th place in the ACC with Louisville and VA tech (we hold tiebreaker)
Complete control over our post season destiny (Won't have to rely on rpi and other teams losing as we are now likely in so just keep winning)

If you can make it, please go support the boys and come say hey to me. I'll be wearing my son's Tech HR chain that Ellis signed for him so you can't miss me :) I'm sure Clem's Son fans aint gonna be pleased. ;)

it's a biGTime game tomorrow!!!
Go beat the Tigers!
Go Joltin Jackets!!!
StingEm Caster!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anybody watching the game (or Techcaster572 who I believe was in attendance), what happened with Becchetti's bat after the homerun? Collin Lacy said that Bakich threw it into the Clemson dugout. Why? I thought maybe he was saying it was illegal, but they didn't seem to check it or anything.

I watched the replay. Becchetti hit the HR. In the next minute or so, Clempy bush league a holes took his bat into their dugout. The umps asked for it back and gave it to a GT assistant. From the reaction the assistant got in the GT dugout, he must have seen what happened. And caused it to be returned. The announcers just said they hadn't seen something like that before (not likely given Clempy a holes), but I haven't finsished watching due to a replay problem shortly thereafter.

Anyone else notice the dark streak on the Clempy relievers bill top? Looked like a dark brown tar residue on TV...........

Anyway, when I get the chance I'm going to look at some more. BTW, no one has scored 14 or more since 2/23 (Kennesaw St) on Clempy.

I think last night's win was one of the best comebacks against a good team in a must have situation that I have seen in a long time. I'm starting to believe in this team against my better ingrained reactions. In chat, I never completely gave up but thought that 5 behind was a bit too far. It usually is, but then this isn't a usual team.