@Clemson Baseball

How many games will GT win @Clempson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody watching the game (or Techcaster572 who I believe was in attendance), what happened with Becchetti's bat after the homerun? Collin Lacy said that Bakich threw it into the Clemson dugout. Why? I thought maybe he was saying it was illegal, but they didn't seem to check it or anything.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
What a win! We need Ellis in the lineup but definitely not behind the plate, especially with our pitchers. Too many runs scored by unblocked balls putting runners in scoring position, in my opinion.
Huge game Sunday, Go Jackets!

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody watching the game (or Techcaster572 who I believe was in attendance), what happened with Becchetti's bat after the homerun? Collin Lacy said that Bakich threw it into the Clemson dugout. Why? I thought maybe he was saying it was illegal, but they didn't seem to check it or anything.
Nobody? I'm beginning to think Collin didn't see what he thought he saw.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
First game I watched this year. Good bats. Lots of power. Pitching was pathetic. Walks, wild pitchs, hit batters. Has control been this bad all year? Somebody that follows Jacket baseball?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If this would have been an opera, you know that fat lady didn't start singing until the 9th. Inning.
Screenshot_20240503-211826.png

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Could still be an L ... but I'm always curious about the motivation to post something like this mid-game. All good @MWBATL ... just curious.
Frustration. Pure frustration. No other explanation. I value pitching above all else, and am thrilled we won but have my doubts that we win games in postseason that way….

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I had no idea that there was a schedule change. So after a Friday at work followed by beers with friends and colleagues/retired colleagues, I will surely take a split against #4 Clemson, even though I was looking forward to listening to GT baseball.

Looks like we're now up to #48 in Warren Nolan's rpi. Keep winning and keep moving up!

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Gtbeak,

We were watching the Clemson bench as Mike destroyed that baseball and they were trying to accuse something. The ump wasn't having any of it and to be honest, it was a bush league move.

When the clemson coach did what he did, they moved up my list of teams I want to beat! Punking those guys in their crib was EXTRA SWEET!!!

They were ALL up in their feelings cause our Caveman Baseball just destroyed their dreams of a sweep.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like we're now up to #48 in Warren Nolan's rpi. Keep winning and keep moving up!
"Predicted results" now has us losing a close one on Sunday, then winning SEVEN STRAIGHT including the Auburn midweek, sweeping Duke, and taking the first two vs the noles.

I know it doesn't mean much, but that is a big swing from before today. If that happens, we have to be on the fringe of hosting, right?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
"Predicted results" now has us losing a close one on Sunday, then winning SEVEN STRAIGHT including the Auburn midweek, sweeping Duke, and taking the first two vs the noles.

I know it doesn't mean much, but that is a big swing from before today. If that happens, we have to be on the fringe of hosting, right?

Feel like that would be more than fringe, that resumé would be a likely host. Our RPI would sky rocket and we’d have an 11-10 record against Q1. Only 3 teams have more than 10 Q1 wins right now.