Clean, Old Fashioned Hate

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If the truth were known, I think their biggest worry is us starting to believe, they think we have had a mental block against beating them, sort of like they had with FL.
Yes, I believe this is it. They are deathly afraid that Tech might begin to pull even if we get our minds right. I remember so many recent games under both Chan and Coach where we really did look like the Dwags against the Lizards; i.e. like we were almost looking for a way to lose close games. The infamous 4th down in the 2004 game is indicative; I've alway thought that Reg made that mistake because the game was tight and he lost concentration. If you look at that game or several others recently there is no noticeable difference in the talent on the teams, though usually Ugag has at least one player we would really like to have and couldn't get. Once we get the monkey off our backs they're in for a real competition and, believe me, they are not looking forward to that.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Most of the mutts I know we're very worried about things in 2009. We let a great moment slip away when we lost in 09. Now they are back to thinking they only lose in fluke games. If we beat em like we should this year they will start sweating bullets.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, I believe this is it. They are deathly afraid that Tech might begin to pull even if we get our minds right. I remember so many recent games under both Chan and Coach where we really did look like the Dwags against the Lizards; i.e. like we were almost looking for a way to lose close games. The infamous 4th down in the 2004 game is indicative; I've alway thought that Reg made that mistake because the game was tight and he lost concentration. If you look at that game or several others recently there is no noticeable difference in the talent on the teams, though usually Ugag has at least one player we would really like to have and couldn't get. Once we get the monkey off our backs they're in for a real competition and, believe me, they are not looking forward to that.
The one position we had pretty much been at a deficit talent-wise every year during the dry spell was QB. Besides that, the teams were pretty even. In fact, I would say the years we had even (or better) QBs our record is pretty good. Lil' Joe and Godsey won three in a row. Then came the streak of Reggie Ball, AJ Suggs, Demarius Bilbo, Taylor Bennett (in no particular order) going up against Green, Shockley, and that dummy throwing passes to megatron now. Nesbitt gave us a win and now so has JT. I like where this is headed.

Sadly, the overall record lately has been one sided. However, we have the upper hand at the QB position now. Game on!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
In the PJ era there were only two times I thought the Dogs were just that much better than the team we put on the field, and that was 11 and 12. We let a huge opportunity slip in 09 and in 13. 2010 was just two teams with mediocre records trying not to out-mediocre the other. We forced three turnovers and got nothing out of any of them. They got four and turned three into points (IIRC) and the fourth was Houston's game-ending pick. Yeah, that game still kinda sticks in my craw.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
That may be how you define rival but like I said most younger UGA fans have a different definition.
@JacketFromUGA, yours is indeed a unique (and accurate) perspective. I think for right now your description is 100% accurate (basing that on dwags I work with), and thanks for your posts and info.

That said, let's us start running the table on them and just see how fast that changes. I'd bet crisp cash it won't take long. :):D

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
. Then came the streak of Reggie Ball, AJ Suggs, Demarius Bilbo, Taylor Bennett (in no particular order) going up against Green, Shockley, and that dummy throwing passes to megatron now. Nesbitt gave us a win and now so has JT. I like where this is headed.

Sadly, the overall record lately has been one sided. However, we have the upper hand at the QB position now. Game on!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Big thing is we have done this before under PJ and got our hopes up and had the pups on the run........I assure you that losing to Tech kills them.Still have not heard my foursome (all ga fans) even mention Tech........they were scared we were on a roll and then next year we lost in Atlanta......beat them two in a row and we can start crowing........right now they still think its a fluke.....................

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The one position we had pretty much been at a deficit talent-wise every year during the dry spell was QB. Besides that, the teams were pretty even. In fact, I would say the years we had even (or better) QBs our record is pretty good. Lil' Joe and Godsey won three in a row. Then came the streak of Reggie Ball, AJ Suggs, Demarius Bilbo, Taylor Bennett (in no particular order) going up against Green, Shockley, and that dummy throwing passes to megatron now. Nesbitt gave us a win and now so has JT. I like where this is headed.

Last year was the first year, since 1990, that I thought we had a better Oline than the mutts. I don't think we have had a better Dline since 2008, and maybe not then. Just my 2 cents. But the mutts have had a talent advantage at the LOS for the vast majority of my life....again that's just my opinion.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't let anyone fool you. We are absolutely #1 biggest rival for uga. Just ask Ray Goff or Jim Donnen. Goff was almost run out of town after losing two-in-a-row to GT in 1990 and 1991. Jim Donnen was fired for losing 3 in 1998, 1999 and 2000. If Richt had the record in the early 2000's against Tech that he had against Florida, he wouldn't be their coach today. It's easy to discount a rival when you dominate them in the W/L category. We're only "not their biggest rival" when they're dominating the series. They only care about Tech when they're losing to us.
yup. the "we dont even consider you a rival" talk is just them trying to be condescending.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
The only reason they say we aren't their biggest rival is to try to get under our skin because we are their biggest rival. As for Florida, if their comments about their record against us are the rule, then by their own definition Florida isn't their biggest rival.

It might be worth pointing out that Richt's record against Florida was the same as Johnson's against UGA seven years into his time there.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of insulting to even be a part of this list. Most of the other rivalries on this list are barely rivalries to begin with. Michigan-Minnesota? Tennessee-Vandy? Give me a break. If our rivalry had fallen to those levels then we wouldn't even play the game anymore.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Last year was the first year, since 1990, that I thought we had a better Oline than the mutts. I don't think we have had a better Dline since 2008, and maybe not then. Just my 2 cents. But the mutts have had a talent advantage at the LOS for the vast majority of my life....again that's just my opinion.
Good thing about MR.....when he is better than you are he will misfire.I thought last year he would run Chubb till he died but when he had two small gains......then the game plan was broken ........They will be loaded again but qb position may be a problem but they have no problems athlete wise..It is just so much fun to beat them..........have a bad bad day when we lose and I have to smile or raise hell with the rednecks who only can write a G...cant spell Georgie.........

Mack

Helluva Engineer

What was so bad was even with the guys you mentioned......we had shots at winning games....still cant believe with a act like CJ we couldnt run the table...you are right with JT we are better at this point than they are...cant lose this guy he has saved jobs and restored faith in tech football.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
SEC blogger, not so much trolling GT fans as trying to restore normalcy to dwag Chaos. Just like so many thought GWB could've stopped the tragedies of Katrina and 9/11, dwags are in panic that GT can beat them.

AE 87 prediction: we dominate them start to finish this year. 56-20.