Cincinnati game

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
The biggest issue tonight is Cincy has totally locked us down. A large part of that is we aren’t moving or doing anything to stress the defense. It has led to a lot of the turnovers. That is fixable so I don’t view this as end of the world yet holiday

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we even have a coach? Our guys look rough. Putting up ridiculous shots and lots of turnovers and just letting these hit the same 3 point shot over and over. How?!?! I hope this is just a growing opportunity, but right now it looks like we have gone backwards.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm not seeing Cincy play great defense so much as we just don't have any offensive rhythm.
That was my point at least the point I intended to get across. It isn’t just rhythm but we don’t have a coherent set or movement to get any advantage over the defense

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
We've all seen the movie, Hoosiers, gotta give CDS a chance to break 'em down and build 'em up, but yes, it looks very concerning at this point. Just don't understand that even off of our player skills — 11 guys — we can't find 5 that can do positive game to game. How can everyone play collectively awful. Most of these guys have ability — so CDS does have to shoulder the blame at this moment. Hope he "flips it within 180 days!" — that was HIS promise. We'll see.

Jolly Good Fellow
It is a historically sad time for the Yellow Jackets…: like Dwayne Morrison era “laughingstock of all college basketball” sad….
Players: No effort
Coach: No answers

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Kids had a good time, Alumni had less of a good time. Got to meet AUFC. He's shockingly also 6ft tall and good looking. :buzz:
I hid my platform shoes and my expired hairline under the hat then 🤣. It was nice meeting you and your family! I had fun too. The Cincy fans I met at the aptly named Dive Bar and my seatmates were all super friendly. It’s been a good trip.

I’d love to meet more of you guys at McCamish or for a drink east of the connector pregame. Hit me up by DM anytime!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So, Cincinnati...two places not to miss. Both are not in Cincinnati...Both are not in Ohio.

Go to Lawrenceburg, Indiana, and visit the MGP facility. This is the old Seagrams distillery and is the home to Uncle Remus, Old Ezra, Yellowstone, Rossville, Rebel Yell, and a host of other Non-Distiller Producers, such as Blaum Brothers Old Fangeled Knotter Bourbon, and a bunch more. People used to make fun of product coming from MGP until some of these NDP's started putting the product out there and we all realized just how good it was. Credit to Greg Metze, long-time MGP Master Distiller.

Go across the bridge to Newport, Kentucky, and visit New Riff Distillery. Unlike Lawrenceburg, IN, which is a quintessential old-world contract distillery that distills for a living, New Riff is a new take on an old tradition. Ken Lewis owned the US's largest liquor store under the bridge from Cincinnati into Kentucky. He gifted his store to his employees and opened New Riff in 2014 as a craft distillery (according to US law, you can't own a distillery and a liquor store at the same time). He does amazing work with young bourbon to make it taste fantastic.

So, both places are just outside Cincinnati, in bordering states, but are absolutely can't-miss opportunities to see bourbon at it's finest. Not sure if MGP is offering tours yet.

PS: If you like and miss Greg Metze's genius, pick up a bottle of Old Elk bourbon or rye and reconnect with Greg and his unbelievable flavor profile. He's using 20-25% malted barley to jazz up his bourbon and rye, and it absolutely shows. He's a one-of-a-kind master distiller. Had the opportunity to spend 30 minutes with him elbow-to-elbow at a bar before a showing and he's a fascinating guy. Most of these master distillers are ChE guys that went into the alcohol manufacturing industry.
I kinda feel like you just wrote my shopping list… I’ll give them a try!

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing by 35!! I think CDS just told Pastner to “hold my beer” Good Grief when will we get a decent basketball program? I keep telling my 21 year old how great it was back in the old days.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cincy is doing on defense what I thought GT would do under Stoudamire. Contest shots, disciplined, close space quickly, smart switches...but unfortunately we look like a mass of GT jerseys without any defensive cohesion. For someone who has a reputation for high level NBA defensive adjustments, maybe I'm just missing something. Is Stoudamire just trying to "break some eggs in order to make an omelette"?

On offense, at multiple times we had several players on the floor who probably shouldn't be playing together. I'm still not sure what we're trying to do on offense. Miles Kelly has been reduced to a volume shooter, but unfortunately, not an efficient one. Really, not much to report here except Kowacie Reeves is turning out to be a good get. Kinda reminds me of Jordan Usher in the sense that he contributes almost everywhere and has outstanding athleticism to go with his length. Ndongo shows glimpses of what we've been hearing about...but he has to cut down on his TOs. 7 TOs is WAY WAY too much. Hello Naithan George...had to look up who he was.

Honestly, not much positive to take away from this game. We looked like a bunch of guys in an amatuer league game who all look physically impressive, but can't play well together.