Cincinnati game

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I couldn’t watch the game because I don’t have ESPN+. What happened to Deebo? 2 shots? 13 minutes?

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I waited to come down before posting. I did watch the game on ESPN+ and the first half wasn't horrible until Cincy figured us out. The second half may go down as one of the lowest for GT.

I'll reflect on the two good things first: Ndong actually has some positive things going and will help the team. And George at least looked good offensively.

Why CDS plays Sturdivant (his godson) so little when it's obvious he has the experience and talent to lead the team.

It will only get worse as we play Miss St. and then Duke. I'm not sure we can play against even Georgia, next in line after them.

I've followed this team many, many years and am masochistic enough to watch the full games, even when it has reached a horrible level. Tonight I almost turned it off.

Things can only get better, they simply cannot get worse.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I waited to come down before posting. I did watch the game on ESPN+ and the first half wasn't horrible until Cincy figured us out. The second half may go down as one of the lowest for GT.

I'll reflect on the two good things first: Ndong actually has some positive things going and will help the team. And George at least looked good offensively.

Why CDS plays Sturdivant (his godson) so little when it's obvious he has the experience and talent to lead the team.

It will only get worse as we play Miss St. and then Duke. I'm not sure we can play against even Georgia, next in line after them.

I've followed this team many, many years and am masochistic enough to watch the full games, even when it has reached a horrible level. Tonight I almost turned it off.

Things can only get better, they simply cannot get worse.
I actually think it’s going to get worse. We haven’t even gotten into the meat of our schedule. We will be lucky to win 5 games IMO.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
After nearly 30 years I just don’t know how to be positive. I mean I’ve always been properly negative and correct. Typically me being corrrct is awesome for me but god damn…..30 years to get it right….
Now I know we are in trouble. 🙁

And it doesn’t seem that long ago that you were really high on the CDS hire and were proclaiming it a good culture fit.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
After watching this game, I don’t think we even get to 10 wins on the season. That was one of the worst Tech basketball games I have ever watched. They seemed like they were playing without a coach. Plus they were slipping all over the court, passing was atrocious, the turnovers, and... it was just bad basketball. I had high hopes for this coach, but I’m incredibly disappointed in what I’ve been watching

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
After watching this game, I don’t think we even get to 10 wins on the season. That was one of the worst Tech basketball games I have ever watched. They seemed like they were playing without a coach. Plus they were slipping all over the court, passing was atrocious, the turnovers, and... it was just bad basketball. I had high hopes for this coach, but I’m incredibly disappointed in what I’ve been watching
I doubt we will get 5 wins.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Is Stoudamire just trying to "break some eggs in order to make an omelette"?
I said to my son early in the second half, "This is the sort of game where a starter can play himself on to the bench." It did appear that CDS was looking for combos that can play together. Clearly didn't hit on the right ones tonight.

I do think we're better than we showed tonight but this team needs to find its rotation quickly or we risk another mediocre at best season.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, the only way CDS reaches any level of success at GT is if he can pull in consecutive top ~20 recruiting/portal classes.

He’s not going to out coach anyone, therefore we gotta hope the team can eventually out talent the non-elite programs to win consistently. I mean the guy is 50 years old, has been coaching for 15 years, and played at the highest level for well over a decade. He’s not going to figure it out now, and we don’t have time for him to anyways. Who’s supposed to be our X’s and O’s assistant coach?

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It was tough to watch. We got a lot of work to do to be a cohesive team. I think we will get better, but last night it looked like our boys were playing their grown men.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
19 turnovers and poor shooting = bad offense
1000003692.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I remember how some of us kept looking for some signs of a secret strategy that Collins was employing that could explain how terrible things looked and which would presage some magical breakthrough to excellence.

😡

Glad I don't get ESPN+. Looks like there is more time for other stuff this winter.

Since I didn't watch I can't be as pessimistic. Ignorance is bliss.

Happy Thanksgiving.