Cincinnati game

Steve UC 72

Georgia Tech Fan
If we lose this game, I demand we go back to the [DATE] - MBB vs. [OPPONENT] thread title format that we were 2-0 with.

I'm wheels up to Cincinnati this evening after work. PTO tomorrow to explore the city (never been). Should be a fun little vacation, hopefully return home Thanksgiving morning with the W.
Hi, UC grad and life-long Cincinnati resident. Where are you staying? I can give you some things to find to do. Just as a heads-up, the airport is in Northern Kentucky, about 20 miles from downtown Cincy.

Steve UC 72

Georgia Tech Fan
If we lose this game, I demand we go back to the [DATE] - MBB vs. [OPPONENT] thread title format that we were 2-0 with.

I'm wheels up to Cincinnati this evening after work. PTO tomorrow to explore the city (never been). Should be a fun little vacation, hopefully return home Thanksgiving morning with the W.
Hi. I'm a UC fan and life-long Cincinnati resident. I should be able to give you some places to visit and do. Are you staying near the campus, downtown, or somewhere else? (Sorry about the duplication. I didn't realize that my first message had gone through.)

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The Bearcats are 9 pt favorites according to Greg Peterson. If that’s the number, I think we can keep it inside of it, but a road win will be tough.

If we come out and shoot 50% from deep on high volume, anything is possible. It’s time for Amare to have a breakout game!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Hi, UC grad and life-long Cincinnati resident. Where are you staying? I can give you some things to find to do. Just as a heads-up, the airport is in Northern Kentucky, about 20 miles from downtown Cincy.
Thanks Steve! I’m on the TANK bus from the airport en route to downtown now. I’m staying OTR. Is Rhinegeist lively with basketball fans before the game or do people hang out in that drag east of the arena (Short Vine St?)? Hoping to get a beer somewhere, make friends, talk hoops, and maybe walk to Fifth Third or bus.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are a lot of good german restaurants and plenty of locala beer. The biggest and best Octoberfest in the country is in Covington, just across the river, so there are lots of German emigrants in the area. And, a wierd concoction, Cincinnati Chili, is available eveywhere. Try it.
Zincinatti has a lot of local German love according to friends.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I expect Cincinnati to try to exploit what appears to be our weakness - the 5 spot.
Is that the painted area behind the FT line and inside that semi-circle where we get to shoot those free shots on the rare occasion someone fouls us while shooting or even rarer they commit more than 6 fouls in a half?

Indeed, we're pretty atrocious from there.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer

I just grabbed 7 tickets in the cheap seats for the family (I have 5 kids). We are about an hour away in NE KY. It'll be our first all family game. Excited to see us compete against a good team!

Steve UC 72

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks Steve! I’m on the TANK bus from the airport en route to downtown now. I’m staying OTR. Is Rhinegeist lively with basketball fans before the game or do people hang out in that drag east of the arena (Short Vine St?)? Hoping to get a beer somewhere, make friends, talk hoops, and maybe walk to Fifth Third or bus.
Welcome to Cincy!

Rhinegeist is a good sports site (quite a bit of soccer fandom there, since FCC's TQL Stadium is an easy walk from there.. Also, The Holy Grail in the Banks is very popular. It's located in The Banks down by the river, across the street from first base at Great American Ball Park. There are several good eateries/bars in the Short Vine area.

Also, if this is something that interests you, the Cincinnati Zoo is less than a mile up Vine Street. Per a USAToday survey, it has been chosen the #1 zoo for visitors in each of the past three years. Also, UC's campus is very unique for such an urban setting. A few years back, Forbes did a spread on their 16 most beautiful campuses in the world, and UC was included. They based it on the architecture and green spaces.

What section will you be in at 5th/3rd? I can't make the game, as my brother is hosting Thanksgiving Eve.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I just grabbed 7 tickets in the cheap seats for the family (I have 5 kids). We are about an hour away in NE KY. It'll be our first all family game. Excited to see us compete against a good team!
Better have the crew all clad in white and gold! Say hi if you see a short bearded guy in a gold sweater, denim jacket, and GT hat.

I’m loving Cincy so far @Steve UC 72 - went to Sotto this evening for a great dinner once I got off the plane. Easily took the frequent (and free) streetcar right to my Airbnb. OTR is great. We don’t have this type of walkability in Atlanta.

Steve UC 72

Georgia Tech Fan
Better have the crew all clad in white and gold! Say hi if you see a short bearded guy in a gold sweater, denim jacket, and GT hat.

I’m loving Cincy so far @Steve UC 72 - went to Sotto this evening for a great dinner once I got off the plane. Easily took the frequent (and free) streetcar right to my Airbnb. OTR is great. We don’t have this type of walkability in Atlanta.
Atlanta obviously a much bigger and more cosmopolitan city. Cincinnati's downtown is roughly one mile square.

If you want some great ice cream, go to Graeters on Fountain Square (5th Street between Vine and Walnut). I don't know if she still does this, but Oprah Winfrey used to have Graters shipped to her house.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
So, Cincinnati...two places not to miss. Both are not in Cincinnati...Both are not in Ohio.

Go to Lawrenceburg, Indiana, and visit the MGP facility. This is the old Seagrams distillery and is the home to Uncle Remus, Old Ezra, Yellowstone, Rossville, Rebel Yell, and a host of other Non-Distiller Producers, such as Blaum Brothers Old Fangeled Knotter Bourbon, and a bunch more. People used to make fun of product coming from MGP until some of these NDP's started putting the product out there and we all realized just how good it was. Credit to Greg Metze, long-time MGP Master Distiller.

Go across the bridge to Newport, Kentucky, and visit New Riff Distillery. Unlike Lawrenceburg, IN, which is a quintessential old-world contract distillery that distills for a living, New Riff is a new take on an old tradition. Ken Lewis owned the US's largest liquor store under the bridge from Cincinnati into Kentucky. He gifted his store to his employees and opened New Riff in 2014 as a craft distillery (according to US law, you can't own a distillery and a liquor store at the same time). He does amazing work with young bourbon to make it taste fantastic.

So, both places are just outside Cincinnati, in bordering states, but are absolutely can't-miss opportunities to see bourbon at it's finest. Not sure if MGP is offering tours yet.

PS: If you like and miss Greg Metze's genius, pick up a bottle of Old Elk bourbon or rye and reconnect with Greg and his unbelievable flavor profile. He's using 20-25% malted barley to jazz up his bourbon and rye, and it absolutely shows. He's a one-of-a-kind master distiller. Had the opportunity to spend 30 minutes with him elbow-to-elbow at a bar before a showing and he's a fascinating guy. Most of these master distillers are ChE guys that went into the alcohol manufacturing industry.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ndongo will not be playing tonight according to CDS.

“(Terry) is still out. I don’t know the timetable on that,” Stoudamire said. “(Ndong) looks like we’re almost at a day-to-day standpoint. I’m hoping at the least he’ll back by Mississippi State (Nov. 28).”

More general information in Chad Bishop's article.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Bearcats are 9 pt favorites according to Greg Peterson. If that’s the number, I think we can keep it inside of it, but a road win will be tough.

If we come out and shoot 50% from deep on high volume, anything is possible. It’s time for Amare to have a breakout game!
Exactly how I feel. Are you my burner account or am I yours? :unsure:

We're gonna need to rain 3's and get more from Abrams. I wonder if he's over-thinking. Tryna get others involved instead of being a gunner/scorer?