Charles kelly

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't mind him as a position coach.

As far as DC goes, there's no reason to get rid of Roof. Our defense this year is the best we've had under Johnson and hasn't been the problem this year.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Give me Coach Kelly all day, everyday and twice on Sunday **pause**

Look at his DB track record at both GT & FSU tell me why you wouldn’t want CCK. I woul be willing to bet that Miami, Tennessee, and UVA wouldn’t have happened

As stated by another poster, FSU fans are greedy. There problems have nothing or very little to do with CCK

I really like CCK, I just think we need to move away from 4-3, 4-2-5 defensive schemes. Maybe he knows how to coach other schemes. IDK. I just feel like we need to be a change of pace for teams to prepare for defensively as well as offensively.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I really like CCK, I just think we need to move away from 4-3, 4-2-5 defensive schemes. Maybe he knows how to coach other schemes. IDK. I just feel like we need to be a change of pace for teams to prepare for defensively as well as offensively.

The offense dictates what the defense plays. I like what i see from Jalen Johnson in that Nickel spot

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Let me also say I like CTR, but I think a scheme change is needed regardless of who the DC is. I have seen enough 4-3, .25s, .25/.25/.50 to say we need to change what we do.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys, there's no room for CCK. He is a DB coach and we have two guys coaching the secondary right now.

Theoretically, 4-2-5 (or 3-3-5 if we had the athletes) makes more sense than 4-3 since every team runs the "4-wide, shotgun, point to the ground, clap your hands, raise your right foot, everyone stand up and look at the sideline, clap your hands, walk up behind the center and shout instructions, get back into shotgun, wave your receiver into motion, clap your hands repeatedly, then hand off to the back for a 1-yard gain" offense.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
The offense dictates what the defense plays. I like what i see from Jalen Johnson in that Nickel spot

Johnson/Gray/BJS all have a lot of talent. I would rather see us run a 4-4 or 46 defense. Foster runs a tweak of a 4-4 or gap 8. I think with our talent, it fits us better. Just my opinion.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Give me Coach Kelly all day, everyday and twice on Sunday **pause**

Look at his DB track record at both GT & FSU tell me why you wouldn’t want CCK. I woul be willing to bet that Miami, Tennessee, and UVA wouldn’t have happened

As stated by another poster, FSU fans are greedy. There problems have nothing or very little to do with CCK

He's been their whippin boy since day 1.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't mind him as a position coach.

As far as DC goes, there's no reason to get rid of Roof. Our defense this year is the best we've had under Johnson and hasn't been the problem this year.

See thats whats weird about this season. The Duke game our D just didn't show up where as previous games we have had the offense didn't show up. Im not sure whats going on this year but we have yet to have a complete game all season. One where the D and the O show up together or one where the first and second half are good. We have had several games this season where we had a crap 1st half and somehow woke up the second half or vise versa.
Either way, as CPJ said you don't know whats going on in the head of 18-22 year olds. However I will say good coaching and prep should for sure help them

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry, I don't want Charles Kelly and his personal belt holder assistant to keep him from going on the field. Roof has shown that the defense is improving barring a few lapses over this season. If we can recruit some more defensive line studs things will get better.

Goatman93

Jolly Good Fellow
Keep in mind that being a DC at Tech is a hard job. You practice against the option a lot and may not have the same athletes to get reps in that the other offenses run.

Jmonty71

Banned
Excuse.

Explain why we look like a bunch of blind, drunk donkeys any time a team runs an option play against us.
Excellent question, to ask. You would think, we'd would be the BEST defense against the option. Here is the answer is a nutshell. You have to attack an option. CTR does not attack. He sits back, praying for mistakes. He has his players read and then react. Which this system works, when you have to the quick and sure tacking players. We do not have 10-11 quick sure tackling players on the D. Heck, I struggle to count past 3, in some games.

GT needs a DC that can run multiples schemes and keep the other team guessing. Right now, there is very little guess work for the other team.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Excuse.

Explain why we look like a bunch of blind, drunk donkeys any time a team runs an option play against us.

Ted Roof, broseph. The answer will always be Ted Roof.

Two of our DBs let an INT go through their hands and the other team ends up with the ball? Ted's fault.

DBs lining up 12 yards off a WR on 3rd and 2? Ted f'ing Roof.

Special teams problems? Roof...

Our QB not making the pitch? Ol' Teddy...

CPJ's headset not working? The Roof man...

Publix running out of Mayfield ice cream? Teddy Roofsky...