Channel 11 sports- Jeff Hullinger!!!!!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
You could see the STs problem from a mile away.We have new kickers,they have exp'd and GOOD kickers, , we have stunk for yrs on covering kick-offs(Butker covered it for 2 yrs )

btw-speaking of TV coverage--did not ESPN spend TWICE as much time discussing Tenn as Tech prior to game.It was almost embarrassing to see. Tech who?

You must be new here. (TIC) Is this not the typical treatment by the media when we play an SEC school?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
You could see the STs problem from a mile away.We have new kickers,they have exp'd and GOOD kickers, , we have stunk for yrs on covering

As I recall, UT did not have to have good kick coverage most of the night, as they just kicked it into the end zone. Most good STs do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel awful for our kicker and his parents. The horrible feeling he must have. You dont think of that much. But I genuinely feel for the kid.

He is wearing white and gold. He is taking a shot not many do as a walkon. I feel like hell for him. I hope he gets the chance and does redeem himself

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. I've been watching Jeff since he took over the evening news. All of a sudden we get stories that, you know, go into some depth. So much so that it is immediately noticeable in contrast to the plain vanilla news reading you get on the other shows. I'm also not surprised that he actually paid some attention to Coach. They're a lot alike: mavericks who don't suffer fools readily.

I've been a fan of his ever since the "Hullinger's basement" routines he used to do with Chris Rude on 96 Rock. I don't know if any of you remember that, but many of those shows - they ran about 30 minutes - were screamingly funny and original.

If you mods want to move this, feel free.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I feel awful for our kicker and his parents. The horrible feeling he must have. You dont think of that much. But I genuinely feel for the kid.

He is wearing white and gold. He is taking a shot not many do as a walkon. I feel like hell for him. I hope he gets the chance and does redeem himself
He could have won it but he alone didn't lose it. This was a team loss. It is a team sport. Guys that played great made mistakes that contributed to the loss. Davis was in the spot light and could have been the difference but missed tackles, wrong angles, allowed big gains, TDs and continued drives. Two fumbles didn't help either. I am sure he feels bad but so should several others. But that is football, that is sports. The only people that don't make mistakes are those that don't compete. Tough loss but our goal is not changed and is viable as ever. Can still be "Start in the Dome, Finish in the Dome". Many games to go. Go Jackets!! THWG!!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He could have won it but he alone didn't lose it. This was a team loss. It is a team sport. Guys that played great made mistakes that contributed to the loss. Davis was in the spot light and could have been the difference but missed tackles, wrong angles, allowed big gains, TDs and continued drives. Two fumbles didn't help either. I am sure he feels bad but so should several others. But that is football, that is sports. The only people that don't make mistakes are those that don't compete. Tough loss but our goal is not changed and is viable as ever. Can still be "Start in the Dome, Finish in the Dome". Many games to go. Go Jackets!! THWG!!

unfortunately when one individual is in the spotlight for blowing a big kick at the most critical moment, thats who gets focused on. Not Austin missing a tackle on the sideline in the 3rd quarter, even though each had a impact.

its naive to think that scott norwood doesn't get all the blame for the bills losing the super bowl in 1991. Even though its a team game. He does. Or bill buckner with the sox. Or insert big moment name here_____ It just goes with the position. Big chokes on the big stage at critical moments even in team sports get focused on

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
unfortunately when one individual is in the spotlight for blowing a big kick at the most critical moment, thats who gets focused on. Not Austin missing a tackle on the sideline in the 3rd quarter, even though each had a impact.

its naive to think that scott norwood doesn't get all the blame for the bills losing the super bowl in 1991. Even though its a team game. He does. Or bill buckner with the sox. Or insert big moment name here_____ It just goes with the position. Big chokes on the big stage at critical moments even in team sports get focused on
Bill Buckner. People don't remember he was a batting champion, All Star and one of the best hitters in baseball history.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've always liked the Hull-man for some reason, it's kinda weird to see him as an anchorman these days tho...

True. Funny, in this town, I can't see how folks can hate Hullinger when we've always had a perfectly good Dowdle to hate with every fiber of our being.

I rejoice whenever I see those shots of him on the dawgs' sideline wearing red while our guys were running all over them. I mean, at least give the appearance of impartiality considering we're (allegedly) among your customers too.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
True. Funny, in this town, I can't see how folks can hate Hullinger when we've always had a perfectly good Dowdle to hate with every fiber of our being.

I rejoice whenever I see those shots of him on the dawgs' sideline wearing red while our guys were running all over them. I mean, at least give the appearance of impartiality considering we're (allegedly) among your customers too.
I always hated WAGA Sportscaster Bill Hartman with every fiber of my being for being the total UGAG homer. He was brainwashed into the Bulldwag Nation because his dad Bill Hartman was an All American football player at UGAG in 1937.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

Drooling Dowdle has to be the most incompetent sports "journalist" ever visited on us by the media!

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Gt lead the nation in blocks both punt and fg over the past few seasons i think up to last year. We beat fsu and uga because of sp teams. We converted a huge 4th down to beat miami on a fake.

I have trouble ever complaining about sp teams under paul. This is one time we may have a bad year. Otherwise its been pretty good. Early on some kickoff cvg things happened but that was fixed.

No. Its purely simple. Its only one side of the ball that has been a consistent crap on the field.

Oof, I'm not so sure. 2009 - 2012 was pretty abysmal on special teams, if I recall correctly. So bad that Johnson actually hired a special teams coach for a while. It definitely got better, but it pretty much seems to go up and down with the ability of the kicker and punter. Sure, blocked kicks and punts are great, but they just don't impact a game as often as kickoffs, field goals, and punts. Punting has been pretty spotty most years under CPJ, and if you look at the years Butker wasn't here you could say the same thing about the kicking game.

Right now I'm worried it's regressed in a very bad way...

The running argument that kickers and punters shouldn't consume multiple scholarships is just plain stupid. We talk about depth all the time...well I can almost guarantee you that losing your starting kicker is more detrimental to your team than losing your starting DT, LB, OG, OT, etc. I just hate to see us come into a season unprepared at such an important position. We should be consistently recruiting two years ahead of our needs in these areas rather than just waiting until the guy who's been a stud is about to graduate and then just dealing with whatever we end up with in game one.