CGC Post Game Interview

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone tell me why we are not in conversation with a 4 and 5 star qb surely we can promise the opportunity to start

Graham is a 4*. The speed of the game is so much faster than HS and with little time to make reads/decisions it is difficult on a young qb.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know where to start on this. Fan base? We have one of the smallest fan bases in P5 so it isn’t deteriorating. And those fair weathered fans who stay home next year will be back the second we start winning. We will start winning when we bring in players who can block and tackle. The last thing GT should ever be worried about is a deteriorating fan base. It’s been deteriorated for decades. Just like I’m glad CPJ never cared about the fans I’m glad we have a coach with big program experience who doesn’t care either. He has 2 audiences - the AD who just hired him and 14-18 year old football players.
Wrong. Who do you think is paying for the upgrades and the new coaching staff? Are you aware of the Intercollegiate Athletics Fundraising Initiatives? High school kids don't want to play in empty stadiums. That kills recruiting. And do you want to lose advertising dollars? If the fan base has been deteriorating for decades, then today is when you put that to a stop, not two or three years down the line. One of the reasons Stansbury hired Collins was to get fan interest back on track. If Collins led football teams start drawing 20,000 fans then we've got a bigger problem than being shut out Saturday.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Wrong. Who do you think is paying for the upgrades and the new coaching staff? Are you aware of the Intercollegiate Athletics Fundraising Initiatives? High school kids don't want to play in empty stadiums. That kills recruiting. And do you want to lose advertising dollars? If the fan base has been deteriorating for decades, then today is when you put that to a stop, not two or three years down the line. One of the reasons Stansbury hired Collins was to get fan interest back on track. If Collins led football teams start drawing 20,000 fans then we've got a bigger problem than being shut out Saturday.

We can always print more Collins dollars.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea. No reason to call players out public ally. Paul did that at times and it elicits negative reactions as well. When you’re 2-8 you are not going to win the press conferences no matter what you say.

I don't ever recall CPJ calling out a specific player... he always said "we" whenever describing a bad play or a bad outcome. As in "we fumbled the ball at the goal line." But then it's not like I watched or remember every single press conference.