CFP Discussion

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn’t watch last year or the year before. Didn’t watch a bowl game either. The way CFB is now, I care less and less. May have watched if no SEC team made it. I really liked the Army Navy game. The way it should be.
To each its own, just don't press whatever narrative you're trying to drive home on others. Not calling you out individually, just some of the other posters here who are also stating they wont watch the playoffs and others should follow suit to prove a point. Do as you all feel, I just don't understand what boycotting the game proves or changes when we're going to a 12 team format next yr? I feel you all are robbing yourself of good "football" over the fact FSU was left out. FSU would have NOT been good football and most likely a blowout similar to TCU vs. GA last yr.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU would have NOT been good football and most likely a blowout similar to TCU vs. GA last yr.
How are you defining "good" football? I ask because Michigan relies heavily on its defense and run game; its passing game is not flashy. Nobody accuses them of not playing "good" football. How does Michigan differ from an FSU team that is currently relying on their defense and running game to win football games?

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
How are you defining "good" football? I ask because Michigan relies heavily on its defense and run game; its passing game is not flashy. Nobody accuses them of not playing "good" football. How does Michigan differ from an FSU team that is currently relying on their defense and running game to win football games?
Good football is whatever Dion Sanders tells you it is. Even if they go 4-8, it's how they did it that makes it good.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
This is the narrative you have been pressing for several days. It's become a wee bit repetitive. How do you feel about Grinnell basketball?
Ok bud, people keep the convo going and I'm replying to their take. Let me guess you'd rather censor me and make me shut up, but here you are egging it on.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Did you enjoy the TCU blowout last yr against UGA or did you boycott that too?

If you watched FSU's last two games, you wouldn't have to ask that question. Mic drop.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Good football is whatever Dion Sanders tells you it is. Even if they go 4-8, it's how they did it that makes it good.
haha i think you and I both know CO was anything but good football. Overhyped BS! They got what was coming when you flaunt your stuff, you better be ready to back it up. Good life lesson for those kids. I like Deion, but the show boating has to stop.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

If you watched FSU's last two games, you wouldn't have to ask that question. Mic drop.
TCU had to beat Michigan to even be in that game. Are you actually implying that TCU shouldn't have been there? uga beat the pants off almost everyone they played but OSU last year. Claiming anything about TCU being a reason for snubbing FSU is weird when they were clearly deserving of being there.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The cherry picking of results in an attempt to support your opinion as any more well informed than an opposing opinion on the FSU thing is comical.

The truth is we'll never know how FSU would have performed in this season's playoff. That's ok. But we just will never know. Even any results in Orange Bowl won't inform that very much. Different teams taking the field.

Jolly Good Fellow
While true that the SEC may be somewhat down this season, Alabama is currently on a roll, they have been getting better all season as their young QB improves and grows up. We all laugh about “sec speed“ but I think it will be a full on display of Southern Speed vs. Michigan. Hate him if you like but Saban is one of the best all-time and this season may be one of his very best coaching jobs. This will be a very interesting must-see type of cfb game to watch imo. Harbaugh better have Bama’s signals down pat if he wants to win this one
"....Saban is one of the best all-time...."
Correction; Saban is the best all-time.
I don't care about FSU..I don't care about ALA...I will be watching all the Bowl games...but only rooting for GT...

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

Did you watch Michigan vs Iowa? Michigan total offense less than 250 yards against Iowa! Punted 6 times. Defense caused three fumbles for short field touchdowns. Is that "good" football? C'mon answer the question....what is "good" football?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Did you watch Michigan vs Iowa? Michigan total offense less than 250 yards against Iowa! Punted 6 times. Defense caused three fumbles for short field touchdowns. Is that "good" football? C'mon answer the question....what is "good" football?
You mean they had less offense than F$U and their 3rd stringer? How mad they must feel getting left out of the CFP..oh... you mean they made it...huh.... their number 1? But no offense means no CFP right?...ohhhhhhh, its all B$...Got it thank you.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
To each its own, just don't press whatever narrative you're trying to drive home on others. Not calling you out individually, just some of the other posters here who are also stating they wont watch the playoffs and others should follow suit to prove a point. Do as you all feel, I just don't understand what boycotting the game proves or changes when we're going to a 12 team format next yr? I feel you all are robbing yourself of good "football" over the fact FSU was left out. FSU would have NOT been good football and most likely a blowout similar to TCU vs. GA last yr.
I just have more important things to do.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Cancel Culture TB---D bad/O good.... for broadcasts. Just look at rule changes last decade.

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think it had anything to do with any specific school – Bama, FSU, or Texas and I don’t think it had anything to do with ESPN either. The SEC is perceived to be the strongest conference and the past 15 years helps support that. The committee simply wasn’t going to leave the SEC out of the playoffs. FSU just happened to be in the cross-hairs this time and then they started trying to justify the snub. If UGA had beaten Alabama, FSU would be in and Texas would have been left out.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I've come to this bottom line: There are about 8 teams (per usual) that could win the CFP exhibition tournament (Mich, Wash, Tex, Bama, UGA, and FSU, as well as Ore and probably OU). Of that group, there are five 0/1-loss conference champ teams. They picked the four that they felt will maximize eyeballs... with valuable input from sEcSPN, of course.

IIWII