CFP Discussion

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
"The committee failed college football today."

This says it all. To exclude a team that won every game in front of them - in spite of major injuries to two QB's - is a brazen reach for power. For FSU to have won their conference championship in a game with the #15 team in the country, with their 3rd string QB, finishing off an undefeated season, should have strengthened their resume. Instead, those who would minimize a loss would supplant such a team and ruin the standard which has held for over a century of college football - wins and losses matter. The point of the game is to win, and FSU won every time it lined up this year, in spite of injuries. The SEC brings many eyeballs, more than FSU's conference, and it brings money. This decision was about money, not what makes college football great. It is a truly sad day for the once proud sport.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I won't be watching the playoffs. Vote with your eyes.
Unfortunately this is likely to be the highest rated playoff ever. 4 huge fanbases covering different swaths of the country. The controversy of Bama getting in is going to lead to curious eyes watching the semifinal vs. Michigan. ESPN and Disney are tanking. It’s all been a ruse to drive rankings.

This is also going to further increase the divide between FSU and the ACC, driving a very valuable asset in FSU to an even more valuable asset in the SEC. ESPN is dirty, and they just proved it for the whole country to see

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
There are so many real things in the world to be upset about. This is just a football game. It’s childish to get wrapped up in this.

Leaving FSU out of the playoffs makes me so £0>d$@*~*¥<~\&:/@@!!! F****** %#,>€**%<!!! ~%**€€£+¥¥**%%#!!!! &@“}%^+++###%%^!!!!!!

I could say more but $@%#¥$@&#!!!!!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Lots of debate. My brother went to FSU, so the family is split.

FSU was 13-0 against teams with a combined record of 77-79. Alabama went 12-1 against teams with a combined record of 98-61.

My vote was Alabama, especially if you look at the record and the loss of FSU’s key players.

But, makes no difference to me. I’m looking forward to some great post season ball.
Nah… this was 100% about making sure the SEC was taken care of.
If uga beats Bama, FSU is an easy #4. They didn’t have the balls to do the right thing IMO.
It’s time to call it like it is and quite simply if you’re not BiG or SEC, you don’t matter. Just let those two conf champs play for the right to call themselves national champ and drop the whole facade.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
This is an absolute ridiculous decision that goes to show, once again, that college football is largely a farce.

That out of the way, FSU did kind of bring this upon themselves. The commentators in their game yesterday were also pointing out, especially at the end of the game, that FSU needed to run up the score and not just bank in the win.

Texas understood this and they played that way right from the first second of the game. FSU remarkably did not do so even at the end of the game where they had the win sealed and could easily have added 7-10 pts.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’m rooting for Texas to win it all and Bama to lose in the 1st rd. I’m also rooting for FSU to be the last team undefeated. How would not be able to say they aren’t national champions in that scenario?
FSU is actually going to destroy whoever they play in a bowl. But the polls will lock them out of a decent ranking because they were locked out of the playoffs.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
The worst part about this decision is that it reopens the possibility of Alabama beating Texas to win the championship.

As if 1 time wasn’t bad enough this pathetic selection committee wants to subject us to another meaningless game which has already been played.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Do you guys believe me now? Why does GT want to even be in a league controlled by the SECheat and the Big Whatever? We would NEVER get a fair shake. The "new" CFB is all about what is best for those two leagues - nothing more. Let them go off and play among themselves, then let's get back to college football.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This is an absolute ridiculous decision that goes to show, once again, that college football is largely a farce.

That out of the way, FSU did kind of bring this upon themselves. The commentators in their game yesterday were also pointing out, especially at the end of the game, that FSU needed to run up the score and not just bank in the win.

Texas understood this and they played that way right from the first second of the game. FSU remarkably did not do so even at the end of the game where they had the win sealed and could easily have added 7-10 pts.
Wouldn't have mattered. I said earlier, FSU would've had to win by 70 to even have a shot. That wasn't going to happen with a 3rd string QB.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU is actually going to destroy whoever they play in a bowl. But the polls will lock them out of a decent ranking because they were locked out of the playoffs.

FSU / ugag is a dream bet for me if they’re matched up. I totally agree about FSU in their bowl game - chance to go undefeated and claim a de facto natty if Texas or Bama win.

And ugag is an auto fade. Entitled spoiled team who will lay an egg in their bowl game.

FSU ML would probably be around +500 in that matchup.