CFP Discussion

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
IMG_4107.jpeg

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
The whining has started. Always about officiating...

Y'all are way more certain than me that the CFP would put you and your complaints about injuries and officiating in the top 4 when they have (likely) three **undefeated** P5 **conference champions**, the 1-loss **conference champion** that just beat you, and the 1-loss **conference champion** that beat them.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
When did this "deserving" v "best" lexicon get introduced into this whole thing. Kirby using those terms now.

Nobody can agree on 4 best... & who's to say the 4 deserving aren't also the 4 best. ??

FSU is playing right now with a QB that will not start in the CFB playoff. If FSU wins tonight... it makes its win MORE impressive... not less.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don’t understand why we can’t have a more “mathematical” model for ranking. I know that’s the “Techie” in me.

But really, why let an arbitrary group of people decide the fate of college footballs Natty? The metrics are there? Could we not use them in a way to make this better?

Like assign values to wins and losses and SOS and conference play and such. Oh wait? Those metrics exist? And CFP just don’t care? Cool.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
how in the world do you not vote 1. mich 2 wash 3 fsu 4 tex - that would be my vote assuming these half time leads prevail- bama lost to tex and fsu whipped lsu and those are facts - sorry bama and uga but that is the way the old ball bounces - bama should have beaten tex if it wanted in - sankey makes me laugh with his comment of "what if bama didn't schedule tex, you can't punish them for scheduling them" - well maybe he has a case if fsu didn;t beat lsa but they did and those are the facts

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t understand why we can’t have a more “mathematical” model for ranking. I know that’s the “Techie” in me.

But really, why let an arbitrary group of people decide the fate of college footballs Natty? The metrics are there? Could we not use them in a way to make this better?

Like assign values to wins and losses and SOS and conference play and such. Oh wait? Those metrics exist? And CFP just don’t care? Cool.
What is your mathematical model based on, assumptions. That is no better than a group of 12 deciding. With only 12 games and generally only 1 meaningful OOC game there is no way you css as n have a model that isn’t majorly biased.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
how in the world do you not vote 1. mich 2 wash 3 fsu 4 tex - that would be my vote assuming these half time leads prevail- bama lost to tex and fsu whipped lsu and those are facts - sorry bama and uga but that is the way the old ball bounces - bama should have beaten tex if it wanted in - sankey makes me laugh with his comment of "what if bama didn't schedule tex, you can't punish them for scheduling them" - well maybe he has a case if fsu didn;t beat lsa but they did and those are the facts
FSU is failing the “eye test”. Michigan Ned’s a good 2nd half not to drop below Washington.