CFP Discussion

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Right. I corrected my previous post.

Michigan, Washington, Texas and Bama. UGA just lost their seat.
Nah bro. You can’t put 1 loss Bama in over undefeated conference champ FSU.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m very confident that’s exactly what they will do. But it ain’t right.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Right. I corrected my previous post.

Michigan, Washington, Texas and Bama. UGA just lost their seat.
Things could get super duper weird if Iowa somehow beat Michigan and FSU lost which could maybe... open the door for georgia because I'm not really sure what would happen at that point. You'd have to pick between 12-1 georgia, 12-1 michigan, and 11-1 OSU

it's Iowa though so they would have to probably hold michigan to 0 to win 2-0

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Things could get super duper weird if Iowa somehow beat Michigan and FSU lost which could maybe... open the door for georgia because I'm not really sure what would happen at that point. You'd have to pick between 12-1 georgia, 12-1 michigan, and 11-1 OSU

it's Iowa though so they would have to probably hold michigan to 0 to win 2-0
Not gonna happen but Michigan losing tonight kicks them way out. Would be ... by far the ugliest loss for any teams involved.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Not gonna happen but Michigan losing tonight kicks them way out. Would be ... by far the ugliest loss for any teams involved.
yeah I agree which means it would come down to georgia and ohio state and idk which one they would pick but I feel like the committee would probably put in georgia so they're technically not 100% out. just like ≥ 99.99% out. it wouldn't be the biggest upset in CFB history but I wouldn't bet on it

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Nah bro. You can’t put 1 loss Bama in over undefeated conference champ FSU.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m very confident that’s exactly what they will do. But it ain’t right.
NO. I agree. What I'm saying is that IF FSU loses, then I think Texas and Bama are in. UGA is out either way.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
This year adds to the hype for an 8 team playoff. Some worthy teams will be left out.
It's 12 teams next year, so all of the teams who still had a chance to make the playoffs this year going into the conference championship games will be in next year.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Worthy teams are always left out. The season has to matter. Imagine what can happen if an injury can be a reason to leave a team out.
I don't think any worthy team is going to be left out, unless it's FSU if they go undefeated. But I don't think that will happen.