CFP Discussion

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Its official? I have been hearing all week that it may happen.
Terrible news for FSU. I COMPLETELY disagree with those who think FSU is out of CFP with a win, but a win today sounds like a real uphill battle.
I went back to check and you are right. Said Rodemaker is a game time decision.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
P

Saban and Sankey have both made comments in the last day that the SEC champion should be in the championship regardless of who wins their Championship game.
If they thought the SEC bid was safe, why would they feel like making a statement? The SEC commissioner thinks there’s a risk they get left out—that’s why he’s campaigning.

(If UGA wins, they’re in. Otherwise, they’re hoping for a loss by someone).
The funny thing I hate FSU after this past off season. But if there is any way the Alabama can win I have to pull for FSU cause a HATE uga and the arrogance of the SEC. So I say go FSU and f*ck you uga and SEC.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
FSU is also a popular team with high TV ratings

If you’re going to knock a team out for popularity, it’s Washington. The problem is Washington might be the best team in college football.
Agree there but that definitely isn't happening. They have a really good fan base but it's mostly solely located around Seattle.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
It's bad enough that a committee operates with ambiguous criteria/charter in choosing the playoff field.... but if they actually get into the business of downgrading a 13-0 conference champ [team] based on a QB injury, that's really whacked.
That would actually provide incentive for injuries to star players…not a Pandora’s box you want to open

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
This may have been said by someone else, but here goes:

Assuming the following final W/L records, here are the CFP standings, IMO:
  1. Michigan 13-0
  2. Washington 13-0
  3. FSU 13-0
  4. Texas 12-1
  5. Alabama 12-1
  6. Georgia 12-1
Texas beat Alabama in the regular season. Alabama beats Georgia in the conference championship. 🙏 I know there is no transitive property, but still.

Moving on, Oregon has lost twice to Washington, so they're out. And Ohio State lost to Michigan went it mattered most, so they had their chance.

The wildcard is FSU. Even if they win, does a victory over #14 Louisville get them a spot with an injured starting quarterback? Or does the SEC get left out? Hard to imagine.

Assuming Michigan beats #10 Penn State, the winner of the Bama-Georgia game could bump an undefeated ACC from the CFP.