CFP Discussion

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Sad, a ticket for the $EC championship game is 6x the price of a ticket to the ACC championship game. Supply and demand I suppose....

Why is this sad at all? If anything the SEC’s ticket price is sad. It’s pricing out the true fans, or making them sacrifice significantly in their finances to go. Sadly a lot of them are 100% willing to spend a huge chunk of money they probably shouldn’t to see some of that SEC footbawl.

I’ve never understood why people think it’s awesome for ticket prices to an event to be outrageously high.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Sad, a ticket for the $EC championship game is 6x the price of a ticket to the ACC championship game. Supply and demand I suppose....

Agreed with the SEC being out of whack, but also there is probably more riding on that game for both teams than any other matchups except Oregon and Washington since both teams have a shot at the playoff. Kinda weird the PAC price is so low though.

Does the money from the conference championship go to the winner? To both teams? To the conference, split evenly (or unevenly)?

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

Which games have compelling matchups against two teams that have been contenders for the last several years? Only one.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Why is this sad at all? If anything the SEC’s ticket price is sad. It’s pricing out the true fans, or making them sacrifice significantly in their finances to go. Sadly a lot of them are 100% willing to spend a huge chunk of money they probably shouldn’t to see some of that SEC footbawl.

I’ve never understood why people think it’s awesome for ticket prices to an event to be outrageously high.
Most of them live in run down trailers and have no real expenses except smokes and booze, and the occasional recreational drug of choice. What’s $600 when that is the meat of your cost structure?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Agreed with the SEC being out of whack, but also there is probably more riding on that game for both teams than any other matchups except Oregon and Washington since both teams have a shot at the playoff. Kinda weird the PAC price is so low though.

Does the money from the conference championship go to the winner? To both teams? To the conference, split evenly (or unevenly)?
General comment. The B1G will likely have a much higher demand going forward when they dump the Division system next year. Most think the Championship game was played last week.

The Pac 12 Championship Game has never been a big draw. West Coast college football fans are not the same as those in SEC Country or in a big chunk of the B1G country.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Most of them live in run down trailers and have no real expenses except smokes and booze, and the occasional recreational drug of choice. What’s $600 when that is the meat of your cost structure?
It’s a “neutral” site game in a city where GT fans are outnumbered roughly 4:1 by uga fans, add in the fact that Bama has more local fans than us as well.

Supply is limited with 50% allocation to each team in a stadium with less capacity than their respective home stadiums that routinely sell out. Easy travel to the venue with no weather issues.

As a fan base, GT may have higher average incomes than the average fan of the teams that are playing in MBS, but there are still plenty of their fans that can afford to pay over a grand for a pair of tickets due to the sheer size of the fanbase.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
It’s a “neutral” site game in a city where GT fans are outnumbered roughly 4:1 by uga fans, add in the fact that Bama has more local fans than us as well.

Supply is limited with 50% allocation to each team in a stadium with less capacity than their respective home stadiums that routinely sell out. Easy travel to the venue with no weather issues.

As a fan base, GT may have higher average incomes than the average fan of the teams that are playing in MBS, but there are still plenty of their fans that can afford to pay over a grand for a pair of tickets due to the sheer size of the fanbase.
LOL. You completely missed the "humor" intended by the post. Perhaps it was not humorous after all.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I’ll be honest, the playoffs are not fun for me if uga is in them.

It’s hard for me to articulate exactly but rather than the fun of seeing interesting matchups, or watching coaching chess matches, I find myself depressed that so many citizens in my state have such narrow horizons for life that their entire sense of self worth and meaning comes down to a football game. I honestly feel better about a homeless person begging a quarter because at least they are not deluded about how sad their life is.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Let’s go Tide, Louisville, Oklahoma St, Oregon and Iowa…total chaos baby 😁
That’s not really chaos. That’s a pretty easy playoff scenario to figure out. Alabama, Oregon, Georgia, and Michigan are in

Total chaos is Michigan, Texas, Alabama, and FSU winning, plus Oregon/Washington. That gives you either 2 undefeated P5 champs and 3 1-loss champs, or 3 undefeated P5 champs and 2 1-loss champs depending on what happens in the PAC 12