CBG

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Duke is good. They teach their players how to take advantage of their opponent's weaknesses and help make their strengths less important. They also know how to use the arena environment to their advantage. The Duke Crazies are almost as famous as the team. The thing they also is teach the players how to take advantage of the officials strengths and weaknesses. If the team calling their game is known to favor the defense, they take advantage of that. I do not call that dirty play or cheating. Duke could not do that with ordinary players. Those guys are smart. Rather than criticizing them, we ought to be copying them. It works!!! I want us to be as hated as Duke.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@orientalnc here's a request. Watch more dook games in general and count how many times their players grab jerseys in a fairly blatant way. Then tell me how they don't play dirty again.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@orientalnc here's a request. Watch more dook games in general and count how many times their players grab jerseys in a fairly blatant way. Then tell me how they don't play dirty again.
This is funny. I am forwarding a copy of this to my wife, who already claims I see more basketball than **** Vitale sees. I have to promise to not watch anything on TV during April and May except the Masters. I saw Duke 3-4 times in OOC games, then maybe half their ACC games. Believe it or not, they're on TV here in NC a lot. In the future I will try to be more observant of jersey grabbing.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Maybe @Enuratique or someone who likes doing video editing could do this some time. Take a Duke game and make a youtube video where they superimpose a jersey-pull counter and a bogus foul or no-foul call counter. The play could momentarily stop as the offense is highlighted and the counter clicks up. "Ding!"