Can Jordan last a whole season?

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Not when cpj says he can get better at it, unless I'm mistaken and he didn't say that.

of course he can get better, everyone can.
But to say he misses a lot of reads in simply incorrect. Does he miss them? Sure. But not as many as everyone thinks.
They are designed keepers.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Fair point that as the offense opens up, he'll be keeping it less. I was just thinking about the VT game. He played his balls off, but I just cant see him getting 30 carries a game (especially the kind of carries that he gets) and lasting 13 games.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
of course he can get better, everyone can.
But to say he misses a lot of reads in simply incorrect. Does he miss them? Sure. But not as many as everyone thinks.
They are designed keepers.
I agree people think he misses them on the QB follows but if we can't say he misses a lot I don't think we can say he doesn't either because we don't know all the play calls.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree people think he misses them on the QB follows but if we can't say he misses a lot I don't think we can say he doesn't either because we don't know all the play calls.

fair but he don't miss as many as people think. you just gotta trust me on this one. (haven't lied to ya before)

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
So, assuming Jordan's game can move the ball effectively, the dude takes a TON of hits. I love the kid and how he plays with a healthy amount of "F You", but that get gets POUNDED on, and he's not a huge dude.
He used to be 6'2 215lbs. He can play at a bigger weight than Nesbitt.

Body Massage Machine

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think his passing was as bad as the VT game showed. Having a better understanding of the offense will go a long way. We will miss JT, but we can still win a ton of games with MJ at the helm.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not worried. The QB's are either tough to take the pounding or they learn how to avoid big hits. Everybody felt for sure that Thomas was going to be destroyed, but he held up fairly well. Nesbitt's major injury was on a post-interception tackle.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't think his passing was as bad as the VT game showed. Having a better understanding of the offense will go a long way. We will miss JT, but we can still win a ton of games with MJ at the helm.
I thought the same thing after the 1999 season and Joe Hamilton's last year. Well really I didn't I thought we would be lucky to win 5 games with a slow QB, I was wrong :).

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think Jordan will be fine. I doubt we will run the same gameplan as we did with VT every week. Him getting that many carries was because we knew it would be a 1 off thing

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Fair point that as the offense opens up, he'll be keeping it less. I was just thinking about the VT game. He played his balls off, but I just cant see him getting 30 carries a game (especially the kind of carries that he gets) and lasting 13 games.

I think they kind of game planned for him to keep the ball a lot too since he was unproven.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of who starts, I think a lot of fans and teams will be surprised that the drop off from JT isn't as dramatic as they think. The QB next year will be surrounded with a lot of talent that has played a lot of football. That will make up for any growing pains, in theory.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
"Can Jordan last a whole season?"

No. No CPJ QB has been able with the big boy D1 schedule we play. JT has done ok this year but only because he has shied away from contact.

J f'N {aka warrior) sure couldn't with his smash mouth style which is the style Jordan thankfully has.

We need two QBs to consistently share the hits of CPJ's offense.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So, assuming Jordan's game can move the ball effectively, the dude takes a TON of hits. I love the kid and how he plays with a healthy amount of "F You", but that get gets POUNDED on, and he's not a huge dude.
I've yet to see the GT QB who hasn't been pounded on, and Jordan while not huge, rates at about 212-215. And note that mostly Navy QBs who turned it up inside and run the midline more, seem to last the season.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with Cam. I do not see a big drop off at the QB position next season. JT was a good QB but very inconsistent in throwing the ball, reading the option and making something out of nothing. He certainly had his moments but he had them both ways, I think with the guys we have returning on offense, the trigger man will get a lot of support and as long as he does not turn the ball over, we can and will be fairly successful on offense.

Go Jackets!