Camp is over...

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Taquon's career highs in completions and attempts...same game. Ouch...

22 is high for attempts, but the fact that he only completed 6 and THAT was the high for the season is brutal. I would have expected the high to be somewhere around 8-10...and hopefully that would be during a game where we only attempted 15-16 passes.

View attachment 3967
he did not play well in that one...

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if kickoff hang time is now going to be the goal instead of depth. If our kicker can just sky the ball to the 15 and let our cover guys completely surround the returner as he's making the catch forcing the fair catch, that's as good as a touchback.
If we had the ability to completely cover a kick to the 15, we'd have been doing it long ago. Completely covering a kick to the point where they'd feel the need to fair catch it would have been better than a touch back already.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Defense, with all its youth and unanswered questions, is actually the least of my concern up to this point. I know, I know... if the past few defenses would've been worth half a damnnn we wouldn't have had 2 out of 3 losing seasons. I get it, but my main concern right now is having a health, productive offensive line. We have very little depth there. Yeah, we have warm bodies to throw in if someone goes down, but that does us no good against the Clems, Miami's and VT's of the world. Im trying to save judgement until the 3rd game...

alagold

Helluva Engineer
A really interesting question I have is--will the transfer from Wofford? break in to 1st unit since he has supposedly played in this DEF? I would prefer no since he has only one yr to play with us--if a youngster starts we might be set for a while

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
A really interesting question I have is--will the transfer from Wofford? break in to 1st unit since he has supposedly played in this DEF? I would prefer no since he has only one yr to play with us--if a youngster starts we might be set for a while
Idc how long he’s been with us, you put the best 11 on the field. As of now it seems if he’s in that best 11. I think he’s getting the reps with the 1’s

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If we had the ability to completely cover a kick to the 15, we'd have been doing it long ago. Completely covering a kick to the point where they'd feel the need to fair catch it would have been better than a touch back already.
I don't think you were allowed to fair catch kickoffs, I could be mistaken.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
With Curry healthy we are in great shape with three quality ILBs and we can work in a very promising freshman to make a fourth, and then there is Tre J. So IMO we are very solid with ILB depth and the coaches will have a good rotation of their choosing. The pecking order of #2 and #3 is really not that important as all three will play and sort itself out.
Don’t forget about Quez, the guys all love him.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
With Curry healthy we are in great shape with three quality ILBs and we can work in a very promising freshman to make a fourth, and then there is Tre J. So IMO we are very solid with ILB depth and the coaches will have a good rotation of their choosing. The pecking order of #2 and #3 is really not that important as all three will play and sort itself out.
I think Jacob Brashear is also at ILB.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Can you punt a kickoff?
upload_2018-8-22_7-31-39.gif