Byerly to Bback

BTGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Talked to lifelong tech buddy today about the usual...recruits, spring, next season..etc. He swears Byerly will get a look at Bback, particularly if MJ is coming along. Anyone agree with him? I see where he's coming from. Byerly runs hard, is smart, and wants on the field.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Talked to lifelong tech buddy today about the usual...recruits, spring, next season..etc. He swears Byerly will get a look at Bback, particularly if MJ is coming along. Anyone agree with him? I see where he's coming from. Byerly runs hard, is smart, and wants on the field.
Are you saying he is going to get a look at b back or he should get a look at b back?

BTGT

Georgia Tech Fan
Friend is saying he is going to and should, because of the lack of depth and experience, and because he's a winner, capable runner, like a Laskey. I disagree with him, think he'll stay #2 QB

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I dont think so. Quaide will probably just as good if not better at BB by the Fall, and its too much of a risk. Byerly can win us games if we needed him to at QB.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for the clarification. For the football team I think it's better that he doesn't move. The only way he moves is if he goes to the coach and says he want to move, which could happen. I don't think the coaches, Cook and Johnson, would stop him if he really wanted to change.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
@RussianOffense

I see it as the opposite..no one at B Back that is in the roster has a single snap.

Hes got a good frame and is strong...I say give him a shot in Spring along with Quaide and Leggett.
Couldn't agree more, we are extremely young at both back positions. I think this is the make or break position(s) for next year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@00Burdell

To me that is the last thing I want to see..you are going to take one of the elite playmakers under center out and put him on the bench from time to time? Also messes up the rhythm of the O and doesn't allow JT to get in a rhythm IMO...just don't like juggling QBs like that.

No doubt Byerly has talent though which is why I think it makes sense to try to get him on the field at B.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
I love this move if it happens.. We could run all sorts of trick plays with JT under center and TB as a BB. Maybe even run the wildcat too?

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
@00Burdell

To me that is the last thing I want to see..you are going to take one of the elite playmakers under center out and put him on the bench from time to time? Also messes up the rhythm of the O and doesn't allow JT to get in a rhythm IMO...just don't like juggling QBs like that.

No doubt Byerly has talent though which is why I think it makes sense to try to get him on the field at B.
I was thinking of when the game is well in hand and it makes sense to take out the starter. I'm in no hurry to lose an extremely capable backup. I'm excited about MJ but I put a premium on experience.

GTFowler

Georgia Tech Fan
Good thing GTSwarm's opinion wasn't asked for by the coaches regarding moving backup QBs to RB if so we would never have seen Days and his 69 yard run in the OB..... :cool:

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sure byerly is entrenched as the number two. That's what he's been doing the past couple 3 years. You keep giving him reps at qb to keep him ready.

He's the sure handed guy that doesn't blow it when JT needs rest. Which he will. Byerly is too valuable at QB to try and learn a new position.