Byerly to Bback

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I had the impression is was minor but CPJ made it sound like if all else had been equal he would have played, but then later Laskey and Days were doing so well they decided to keep his redshirt.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. I had the impression is was minor but CPJ made it sound like if all else had been equal he would have played, but then later Laskey and Days were doing so well they decided to keep his redshirt.

Yea. I believe the injury kept him out of the first three games, the best opportunity to break him in.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
CPJ knows already if he thinks Leggett will be a good this year. He also will be getting a look at the QW soon as well, followed by the others this summer. It makes no sense to me that he would change TB's position unless he sees a weakness at b-back so large (or believes Jordan is already on a par with TB) that he feels forced to possibly lose access to an excellent backup quarterback that could be needed at any moment.

IMHO this is a decision that simply doesn't need to be made yet, if at all and barring some bizarre twist, likely wouldn't occur till summer camp.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ knows already if he thinks Leggett will be a good this year. He also will be getting a look at the QW soon as well, followed by the others this summer. It makes no sense to me that he would change TB's position unless he sees a weakness at b-back so large (or believes Jordan is already on a par with TB) that he feels forced to possibly lose access to an excellent backup quarterback that could be needed at any moment.

IMHO this is a decision that simply doesn't need to be made yet, if at all and barring some bizarre twist, likely wouldn't occur till summer camp.

Completely disagree with this. The time to get Byerly some time at BB would be in the spring, before we have two new BB recruits coming in. If it doesn't work out we can move him back by the second week of fall practice. But the time to see what he can do at BB, and what Jordan can do at QB, is this spring.