BRING ON THE SPRING !!

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened again and transcribed it(I'm not a good transcriber, and I write down uhs and you knows). He was responding to a question about what Marshall needs to work on in the offseason/Spring. He said:

"Well I thought that Taquan had a good year. We would like to improve throwing a little bit. I think that he was better early in the year. I think he carried the ball enough time during the year that toward the end he kind of go beat up a little bit. We also played some really good defenses. If you look at the stats after the season's over we played a lot of defenses that are in the top 25. I think that Taquan's really resilient, tough. Just maybe consistency throwing wise. I'd like to see Lucas take another step forward too. And it will be interesting watching Tobias play. So in the Spring we'll have a good competition. Be great if one of those guys could take a little bit off him. We could get him out of a series a game or something like that."

Reading between the lines I think CPJ agrees that TM kept the ball far too often, and needs to get his reads down and distribute the ball more to his playmakers. And he needs to step up his passing game. Let's go Lucas & Tobias put the pressure on and get TM back to A-Back.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coach cant say much about his teams capt

The blah blah about at end playing top 25 teams seems very odd.

To anyone that is open minded, this is a total different year and off season if we beat duke and uva while still being destroyed by uga. Of course those losses were the olines fault ( but not the ol coach). However in those games if the qb( who keep the ball 50% of time on All rushing plays) , could have a completed twice AS many passes in those 2 games, we had a very good chance of winning. He was 9 for 35 w 3 int.

1. In spring its all about seeing Tq burn some big gains w accurate passes while having few int. Do that and he is clearly the qb. Not so much and lucas shines, then its easy. Niether = coach has to earn his pay.

2. Will coach let the defense be aggrsssive in spring to test tq and the back ups but risk injury. My guess is no

3. Will will bryan be obviously bulked back up for guard?. ( the player sizes from gtaa are wrong). My guess is heck yes

4. Is there a suprise or 2 at wr or 2?

5. The new defense - will they get any practice time against conventional off OR is that delayed till fall?. My guess is delayed till we really know the depth chart.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We'll see
12718604.jpeg
at Aback before
12718872.jpeg

GTFLETCH

Banned
Just a feeling but i don’t see anyone taking TQ’s job, no matter how well they practice
Well we may be in trouble then.... He completed only 37% last year... So say he wins and improves and only completes 49%... we are in trouble, also if Lucas and Tobias can not win the job what does it say about them! I would be shocked if LJ, or TO do not win and TM does not move to AB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
TBH, I'm way more excited to see what CNW is going to do with the defense, and the potential new roles of some of the guys than I am about the offense....which is saying a lot for me because I'm super excited about seeing Lucas get more snaps and getting a glimpse at what CPJ is excited about in Adonicas Sanders.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well we may be in trouble then.... He completed only 37% last year... So say he wins and improves and only completes 49%... we are in trouble, also if Lucas and Tobias can not win the job what does it say about them! I would be shocked if LJ, or TO do not win and TM does not move to AB.

The worst part would be if they were never given a realistic chance. I think TQ played okay last season, but there should be a competition. Those results should leave the race wide open to whoever earns it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Imo
A bad thing to have burned his shirt in 15. Would love for him to be here 2 more seasons with the left side.

Hope the COACHES dont get cute w new guys day one
Looking back that would be ideal. When he arrived he was like 5 th string LT. He has never not played and wanted to play. They burned his shirt the second play of the first game. He would have played in more games but they went no huddle and he had not practiced it. I’m a perfect world you redshirt all OL. GT had so many leave , getting drunk at a frat house and being arrested , “ concussions “ etc... that Will moved up. He would have found a way anyway. We lose a lot of upper class ol. I’m not about to speculate on why. But for the first time in a while we have a veteran group returning. Will is going to 295 all muscle. I know that because I know how much extra work he does. Any of y’all want a guy to rep your company when he is done. He would be a no brainer. Trust me.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking back that would be ideal. When he arrived he was like 5 th string LT. He has never not played and wanted to play. They burned his shirt the second play of the first game. He would have played in more games but they went no huddle and he had not practiced it. I’m a perfect world you redshirt all OL. GT had so many leave , getting drunk at a frat house and being arrested , “ concussions “ etc... that Will moved up. He would have found a way anyway. We lose a lot of upper class ol. I’m not about to speculate on why. But for the first time in a while we have a veteran group returning. Will is going to 295 all muscle. I know that because I know how much extra work he does. Any of y’all want a guy to rep your company when he is done. He would be a no brainer. Trust me.
I will be shocked if he doesn’t kick Royal A$$ Next season