BRING ON THE SPRING !!

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Definitely looking ahead. With the players who have not played much, it is too difficult as an outsider to know who has the tools to breakout. The primary issue on my mind is personnel in the secondary and at LB. DL has plenty of known players to slot into new roles, but the DB and LB will be interesting to see who from the recent classes will legitimately vie for playing time. On offense, WR is the known position of need. Always interesting and can't wait for even the limited information that is released from the workouts.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Definitely looking ahead. With the players who have not played much, it is too difficult as an outsider to know who has the tools to breakout. The primary issue on my mind is personnel in the secondary and at LB. DL has plenty of known players to slot into new roles, but the DB and LB will be interesting to see who from the recent classes will legitimately vie for playing time. On offense, WR is the known position of need. Always interesting and can't wait for even the limited information that is released from the workouts.
Yeah, being in Wisconsin, I am purely speculating on players, based on what I have read on this, and other boards. But the weather is so freakin cold right now, I need to be thinking about spring !!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Now, I've been on the LJ train from the jump (see his recruiting thread), but I would be genuinely surprised if TQM is not the starting QB except for injury.

Experience (snaps with the 1s) matters in this offense, and he's got a whole year of live ammo snaps, and I think he'll be improved this year.

I think LJ's ceiling is higher, but I expect TQM to be the guy this year (and further, I expect a lot of folks to be pleasantly surprised by him)

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Now, I've been on the LJ train from the jump (see his recruiting thread), but I would be genuinely surprised if TQM is not the starting QB except for injury.

Experience (snaps with the 1s) matters in this offense, and he's got a whole year of live ammo snaps, and I think he'll be improved this year.

I think LJ's ceiling is higher, but I expect TQM to be the guy this year (and further, I expect a lot of folks to be pleasantly surprised by him)
If , and it's a big one IMO, TQM can change his mentality on run first ( it seems always ) , he can be a good QB if he can complete at least 45-50% of his passing attempts in this offense.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The key player on our team is right tackle Marshall .
Do we sit him and hope while others get reps ? Or
Do we play him to prove up he is ready.
If he cant play in spring, can we count on him in fall. We did this last year and we were thin at ot when he could not go.

In fall really would like to lee, braun, cooper, bryan and marshall WITH LOTS MORE rotation from stick, grady and a couple of others. We need depth at ol by mid year!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
The key player on our team is right tackle Marshall .
Do we sit him and hope while others get reps ? Or
Do we play him to prove up he is ready.
If he cant play in spring, can we count on him in fall. We did this last year and we were thin at ot when he could not go.

In fall really would like to lee, braun, cooper, bryan and marshall WITH LOTS MORE rotation from stick, grady and a couple of others. We need depth at ol by mid year!
+++++ !!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

This is my take as well. The key part is I expect TM to step up his game significantly. If he does not, he'll lose his job for sure.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm usually always wrong about the guys I think are going to stand out, so I won't say anything and try and avoid jinxing anyone. It will be interesting to see how the secondary looks though. We've been recruiting really well over there and have to replace a lot of starts.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else already looking ahead to spring practice ?

Yes Sir! Can’t wait.

I’m looking forward to seeing LJ get a lot of snaps, I personally don’t forsee him taking the job away from TM but I do really hope that he will get significant playing time this fall to get him ready for ‘19

Mostly I am really looking forward to the changes to our defense, i really can’t wait