Brent Key is not the answer

diehard

Georgia Tech Fan
He Guys and Gals. My frustrations with Tech are real. I love Ga. Tech. But I do get frustrated. I was wrong on this one. Some have said I'm a troll. Some making personal attacks. I'm not here for that. I'll keep reading and keep my thoughts to myself. I will Never personally attack someone for their opinion. Enjoy and go Jackets!

Dinner_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I believe Key made the best decision of his young coaching career last week in demoting Thacker. Tough decision but proved correct as the defense won the Miami game.
I want a coach who can adjust like that on the fly. (Please get better with halftime adjustments).
Give Key a year or two to undo TFG’s destruction!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
He Guys and Gals. My frustrations with Tech are real. I love Ga. Tech. But I do get frustrated. I was wrong on this one. Some have said I'm a troll. Some making personal attacks. I'm not here for that. I'll keep reading and keep my thoughts to myself. I will Never personally attack someone for their opinion. Enjoy and go Jackets!
I got Brent Pry and Brent Key mixed up and I too looked like a troll. It was my fault though, I was just use to typing Brent Pry lol I’m still new here but please always bring your opinion that’s what makes this fun brother. These are some good folks in here.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
In gambling terms, I’d call this thread a reverse jinx and a helluva good one. You only get 2-3 of these a decade so don’t overdo it and it doesn’t count unless you truly pour your heart and soul into giving up on a cause. Well done sir!

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Big shout out to Sherrer. Not sure if it will work out for the rest of the season but it looked like a much improved defense last night. Hopefully that means key bringing him as co-DC and now full time DC proves he knows what he's doing. Who knows, Sherrer could be our guy.

The most consistent thing about Thacker defenses was how inconsistent they were. Occasionally he would coach a ridiculous game with tons of TFL and turnovers and then back to the same old thing.

Hats off to the D though, including the safeties which Thacker was coaching.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Chill man, don't take it personal. We are fanatics but this is just a sport, not a war. We are trying to support the team, not to take it down, :D

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
The only positive after BG was a change at DC which has been needed for a while. There was one interception where we baited the QB with a formation that had the DB look like he was covering a WR and then he rolled to a different man at the snap. Was in position to make the INT. That's all I needed to see. Tackling was much better. Not perfect but better.
Tackling was amazing, IMO. My bar may be set too low, though.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The only positive after BG was a change at DC which has been needed for a while. There was one interception where we baited the QB with a formation that had the DB look like he was covering a WR and then he rolled to a different man at the snap. Was in position to make the INT. That's all I needed to see. Tackling was much better. Not perfect but better.

The announcers told the same story but if you look at the film the short receiver first covered by our CB turned inside, instead of to the sideline as the announcers sketched, and our LB quickly picked him up. The very aware CB , now relieved of coverage, then hustled into deeper coverage putting himself in position to make the play. I think the result was a quick thinking/reacting CB and not the preplanned formation, though this may have been practiced. GT/NFL CB White made a similar interception at a crucial period during a CPJ game which had a big impact getting the win. At any rate Harvey made a great individual play.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
To sorta quote Saban, don’t waste a failure. That was a huge failure, and there’s a lot to mine from it.

To quote Johnson, “good teams don’t lose two games in a row”.
I’m finally reading through this thread, and wanted to pull this back up. Two awesome quotes from future hall-of-famers.

Saturday says a lot about our HFC, our coordinators, and our team. As much as I hate the BG result, sometimes you need to get smacked in the mouth to realize what you were doing wasn’t working. I think the team and its coaches accepted that lesson this week, and took action.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m finally reading through this thread, and wanted to pull this back up. Two awesome quotes from future hall-of-famers.

Saturday says a lot about our HFC, our coordinators, and our team. As much as I hate the BG result, sometimes you need to get smacked in the mouth to realize what you were doing wasn’t working. I think the team and its coaches accepted that lesson this week, and took action.
Yes sir my brother, when you have a bad game take all the frustration out on the team you play next and that what we did Saturday!

It’s been a tougher schedule than what it looked like before the season started. The team needs a few days off and get them legs some rest to come out swinging firing on all cylinders against BC and get this team to a bowl game.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey there -

No one should be getting personal attacks for their opinions. That sucks, and shouldn’t happen. That being said, some of those opinions should be dragged behind a car down Spring Street, then tossed casually into a dumpster. (But that’s the opinion, not the poster.)

Appreciate you eating crow on this one. Respect for that. I agree with others saying that the BG loss was excruciating - but we obviously didn’t have enough data to start writing things off at that point. Even good teams drop a game here and there. Even great teams make mistakes.

We know we’re not a great team - yet - but we do know that it’s possible that we’re a good team. Just gotta ride out the season and see which lessons stick as we continue to grow.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

@diehard (y)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Yes. The BG game reminded some of our players that every game, no matter who you are playing, requires your best effort. I’m very sure the coaches reminded them all week of this.