Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
There is one elite team in the ACC right now. Maybe that will change. But not a lot of other teams that draw the national audience. Hope ND gets forced into playing real football all year as part of the ACC. That would help.

I'm just looking forward to better baseball coverage with the new ACC Network.

Sorry to dissemble, but shouldn't the Key announcement (tic) been made today?

I was hoping it would be today, but you gotta give him a day traveling from the west coast, tying up loose ends, etc.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Back to the original topic, please, guys and gals.

When Brent Key gets back from Santa Clara and talks with his agent to discuss the Georgia Tech OL coaching job—including the salary and/or other incentives offered—he will decide whether to accept or reject.

If he accepts and gets on The Flats, he will be very pleased when he sees Mike Sewak’s offensive linemen who are returning from the previous year.

He'll say, “This is awesome! For zone blocking, our guys have already been taught cut blocking, scoop blocking, and drive blocking! That's three-fourths of the freaking battle! All I need to focus on is their footwork and hands for pass-blocking!”

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Back to the original topic, please, guys and gals.

When Brent Key gets back from Santa Clara and talks with his agent to discuss the Georgia Tech OL coaching job—including the salary and/or other incentives offered—he will decide whether to accept or reject.

If he accepts and gets on The Flats, he will be very pleased when he sees Mike Sewak’s offensive linemen who are returning from the previous year.

He'll say, “This is awesome! For zone blocking, our guys have already been taught cut blocking, scoop blocking, and drive blocking! That's three-fourths of the freaking battle! All I need to focus on is their footwork and hands for pass-blocking!”

Yeah, if. I imagine he'll get an offer from us and a counter-offer from Alabama. I hope we get him.

Curry recruited players that made up a big portion of the team that won a MNC at Tech. He couldn't do that at Bama (or even ones that could beat Auburn for that matter).
The players Curry recruited made up a LARGE portion of the teams that went 12-21 in Ross's first 3 years. Very few of them were left to contribute much at all in 1990.

SiliconJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a line in story over in the Athletic. I popped over there when I heard about the dwag coaches leaving. This was about Pitman going to AL.

Alabama, however, does have an opening for an offensive line coach, after Brent Key left for his alma mater Georgia Tech. If Alabama came for him, Smart would presumably do everything he could to hold on.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
This is a line in story over in the Athletic. I popped over there when I heard about the dwag coaches leaving. This was about Pitman going to AL.

Alabama, however, does have an opening for an offensive line coach, after Brent Key left for his alma mater Georgia Tech. If Alabama came for him, Smart would presumably do everything he could to hold on.

That’s the most encouraging news I’ve heard in a couple of days. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.