Brent Key expected to join Georgia Tech staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
I’m sick of hearing about people ***** and moan about losing to “Puke.” “Puke” has put a lot of money into their program (more than GT) and has a lot going for it as a institution.

Don’t get me wrong, losing to them annoys me, because, well, losing is annoying. But it doesn’t annoy me anymore than losing to any other ACC team.

I’m willing to bet the CGC loses to “Puke” at some point during his tenure. But it won’t annoy me more than any other loss.

Living in Texas, you hear fans of Big 12 teams moan about losing to Baylor... Well, guess what... Baylor isn’t the same program as it was 30 years ago. They have a beautiful stadium, a nice campus, hot girls, and hell, Waco is a lot better and has a TV show that’s made it kinda fashionable.
What is annoying about Duke is how little their fans care about football, yet they have spent lots of $$$$ to get competitive.....meanwhile at Tech, little $$$ is spent, we have remained competitive and you have "fans" whing about the program being a dumpster fire. :rolleyes:

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I’m sick of hearing about people ***** and moan about losing to “Puke.” “Puke” has put a lot of money into their program (more than GT) and has a lot going for it as a institution.

Don’t get me wrong, losing to them annoys me, because, well, losing is annoying. But it doesn’t annoy me anymore than losing to any other ACC team.

I’m willing to bet the CGC loses to “Puke” at some point during his tenure. But it won’t annoy me more than any other loss.

Living in Texas, you hear fans of Big 12 teams moan about losing to Baylor... Well, guess what... Baylor isn’t the same program as it was 30 years ago. They have a beautiful stadium, a nice campus, hot girls, and hell, Waco is a lot better and has a TV show that’s made it kinda fashionable.
The disdain for Duke has been exacerbated by the fact they've been raiding our state for recruits lately, and that Cutcliffe has been using every trick in the book to get an advantage over us, from lobbying the conference for that off week prior to us to openly criticizing our blocking to openly saying recruits won't come to Tech b/c NFL, etc.

Animal02

Banned
Give us 4 years of Graham and/or Yates (maybe 6 years total) and CPJ or Monken and look at the record. I'd predict ACC-CG appearances, big bowls, and 1 out of 3 against Clemson and Ugag. Heck, we were a fumble (by Qua ironically) and a bad half away from winning 9 or 10 games this year ... and that was with Taquon as QB (God bless him and his magic feet). We are 2 season removed from winning 9 and beating a high level SEC team in a bowl. Seriously, GT football had been like the butterfly effect, one player or one fumble or one inch in a play could take us from losing 2 the whole season to winning 2 the whole season. Crap, we were one defensive coordinator away from God only knows what ... (Multiple CFP's???). The CPJ era had elite-capability in any given season.

SORRY, Sorry, sorry! Back to the original topic! It wasn't my fault, I tell you! It was a reply, a REPLYYYYYYYY...
Last year was a miracle catch by UM that kept up from a bowl game as well.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
So people on here are now mad at people for being mad that we lose to Duke all the time? Lmao

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
What we say over and over is for a period of time gt with was not serious about funding gtaa to overcome built in disadvantages. That is the problem - period.
Those blaming the offense run by Coach miss the point.
The gtaa and hill leadership picked Coach from Navy to avoid having a hard conversation w the alumni.

Maybe they were right at that time . But in the droughts after the orange bowls, they should have brought up the changes tstan is doing now for long term success.

Imo, if we did this in 2010, the TO would be in several other schools because we beat the hxxx out of teams like Duke every year.

We starved out a great Coach. I will always highly respect him and in my memory that will grow.

Will this enthusiastic start and some increased resources result in immediate improvement on the field.??

I dont know, but at least we are started in a good direction.

What if , as Dodd says - (paraphrase) , we dont have to be good if we are lucky.

As Jerry says
GO JACKETS

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
To get this back on KEY.

Talked to the OC of Pensacola h s about all the gt changes. They are in dumps due to changes at phs and because of the disaster at their favorite college FSU.

He asked if Andy retained. I gave him the info.
When I told him that coach Brent Key was leaving Alabama, he was very enthusiastic. He said that Alex Leatherwood (soph starting rg Ala and a kid he coached thru peewee -"jr high ball) loves the way he has been coached at Ala.

Will find out more about Key during next gt football meeting at Wing King - hope to have new PHS join us.

GT_EE78

Banned
I wonder who has the better track record for selecting good coaches between GTAA and Nick Saban? I'm good with this one. He'll have to prove his worth like the others. dunno about recruiting expectations beyond improvement but am excited to see them bring on the stars.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Nope. The limited academic offerings is the first hurdle. (and the largest) Second is academic rigor....you have to find kids willing to put in the work to stay eligible. Not all are interested in "playing school" After those two big hurdles.....then comes admission requirements.
Agree and there’s plenty of other things that top factories offer that we don’t. We might be able to make a dent in some of them, but not all. They got nothing to do with who we can offer, either.

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
Sounds to me like Saban may have given a raise and now he denies any contact with us. Who knows. Doesn't do much to help my overall perception of him either way

Status
Not open for further replies.