Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Hopefully not too sacrilegious but I would be very happy with this

PWnUFY4.png

Ok I’ma steal this

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I woke up, the sun still came up, but I’m still upset about the field. With everything going on in the world from racism, China virus, economy, police brutality, pretty much everyone hating everyone...and now GT drops this on me.
View attachment 8422
The sun wasn't up when I woke up but that was at 5 am. And as far as being a racism if I hate all uga fans is that ok, or do I have to act like I don't hate them . And last next time we have voting in Georgia someone let me know ahead to go buy my beer the day before.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Would not surprise me that we have a gray field to match our gray uniforms. Also 404 at midfield and ATL in one end zone and Competition is King (replete with the crown) in the other one.

Go Jackets!

You forgot "Everything we do, we are going to do with Excellence"...maybe that should be printed on the brick surrounding the field. :)

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Except for the endzone, it's going to look like the grass that was in BDS?! What a waste of money to spend that amount only for it to look like grass that was already there...

Ummm you do realize that they are making artificial grass to look like, ya know grass right? Lord knows how pissed you would have been if it looked like dirt. Or water. Or air.

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
They are most likely just going to do wall-to-wall artificial turf with no permanent lines like you see on some fields. This renovation is predicated on the fact that the school wants to use the field for things besides Tech football so that they can bring in additional revenue. There is no way they can bring in the Atlanta United games that have been going to Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State with permanent football lines on the field. So don't worry, they will still be painting the field fresh each week just as if it was still real grass. There will be plenty more years of people complaining about the colors used to paint the field each week.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
They are most likely just going to do wall-to-wall artificial turf with no permanent lines like you see on some fields. This renovation is predicated on the fact that the school wants to use the field for things besides Tech football so that they can bring in additional revenue. There is no way they can bring in the Atlanta United games that have been going to Fifth Third Bank Stadium at Kennesaw State with permanent football lines on the field. So don't worry, they will still be painting the field fresh each week just as if it was still real grass. There will be plenty more years of people complaining about the colors used to paint the field each week.
Thanks goodness :sneaky:

Except for the endzone, it's going to look like the grass that was in BDS?! What a waste of money to spend that amount only for it to look like grass that was already there...
Once installed it will not require anywhere near the maintenance that the natural grass required. I don't like that they are doing it, but the arguments for doing it are sound and logical.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Once installed it will not require anywhere near the maintenance that the natural grass required. I don't like that they are doing it, but the arguments for doing it are sound and logical.

LOL...you must have missed my earlier posts on this topic.

I need to start putting sarcasm labels on my posts.