Braun to Texas

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I’m okay with this (although would have personally preferred Florida so he could beat the mutts again), hope he does well in his future and continues to look back at Tech positively. Regardless what anyone thinks about him leaving, he busted his *** here on and off the field and earned his degree in 3 years. That’s an accomplishment to be proud of.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a good move for him, bad for us that he won't be playing for Tech. But I understand him doing what he thinks is best for his career.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a good move for him, bad for us that he won't be playing for Tech. But I understand him doing what he thinks is best for his career.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Texas - literally bought the u of h coaching staff that made lemonade out of lemons.
They have turned UT football around and brought it back.
Also - o guard depth looks weak.

SEC has a network.
So does UT.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Can we finally let this guy go??? He was a good player, & apparently a good person, but his leaving is not going to be the demise of our football program!! Thanks & goodby!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Can we finally let this guy go??? He was a good player, & apparently a good person, but his leaving is not going to be the demise of our football program!! Thanks & goodby!

Why let go of a beloved player? I still get to watch him play one more year of college ball. The fact he’s not wearing white and gold doesn’t diminish that pleasure.

If you are mad and don’t want to see or hear about him......free will. Exercise it.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really dont like UT but will cheer for them while Parker is there.

Parker played football in Hallsville (15 miles east of Longview) which is in deep east texas. I wonder how his dad ended up coaching there and then move to coach in live oak fla (near plant city).

I wonder how his older brother 78 came to ga tech. Obviously liked and was good at mech engineering. Maybe he self recruited. Any info?

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
Coach Charles Kelly showed up at practice at Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, FL when Trey(#78) was a sophomore. He said Trey might get an offer, then a year later (I had moved to Leon High, long story) we went to JR day and showed his film to Coach Todd Spencer and they offered that Tuesday. Trey had offers from others, but wanted to be an Engineer. When Parker was in High School, I was at Osceola High in Kissimmee. Sewak had offered (with many others) I took a job in Texas to try to be nearer to wife’s family (didn’t take) Sewak kept recruiting Parker and he decided to go to GT. I moved to Live Oak, FL (near Lake City) where little brother Josh plays at Suwannee High.
College ball is a small world tho. Kelly is recruiting Josh for Alabama, Spencer coaches OL at my Alma Mater (Army), Parker met Tom Herman (his new HC) and Warehime(Texas TE coach) at Houston on a recruiting visit. Herb Hand (Texas OL) got in touch with Parker through Ron West(OL at GT ) and Sam Pittman(UGA OL) heard about Josh when he was recruiting Parker to Arkansas years ago. And for me...well I got to be part of the GT family for the past 8 years. It was a helluva ride!

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Coach Charles Kelly showed up at practice at Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, FL when Trey(#78) was a sophomore. He said Trey might get an offer, then a year later (I had moved to Leon High, long story) we went to JR day and showed his film to Coach Todd Spencer and they offered that Tuesday. Trey had offers from others, but wanted to be an Engineer. When Parker was in High School, I was at Osceola High in Kissimmee. Sewak had offered (with many others) I took a job in Texas to try to be nearer to wife’s family (didn’t take) Sewak kept recruiting Parker and he decided to go to GT. I moved to Live Oak, FL (near Lake City) where little brother Josh plays at Suwannee High.
College ball is a small world tho. Kelly is recruiting Josh for Alabama, Spencer coaches OL at my Alma Mater (Army), Parker met Tom Herman (his new HC) and Warehime(Texas TE coach) at Houston on a recruiting visit. Herb Hand (Texas OL) got in touch with Parker through Ron West(OL at GT ) and Sam Pittman(UGA OL) heard about Josh when he was recruiting Parker to Arkansas years ago. And for me...well I got to be part of the GT family for the past 8 years. It was a helluva ride!
And hopefully for a long time more!! Congrats to Parker and thanks to your family for everything.