Braun to Texas

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Still don’t get this transfer, is Texas an option team ?

I mean best of luck to him but I have to be missing something here

Yeah you are. But that’s ok.:p

I think it’s fairly obvious it was for a number of different reasons. I can see the draw of playing big boy football at a factory after playing 3 years at a non factory.

Lee34102

Georgia Tech Fan
Given that he has thoughts of an NFL career, it would probably be good for him to show some degree of pass blocking ability, which he's more likely to be able to do with an established passer like Texas' QB Sam Ehlinger...

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Given that he has thoughts of an NFL career, it would probably be good for him to show some degree of pass blocking ability, which he's more likely to be able to do with an established passer like Texas' QB Sam Ehlinger...

Pretty sure the Masters Degree in a field we don't offer it was the reason he transferred.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
See this is why I haven't tried to explain before now. I am not 'offended' I'm not twelve, you said you didn't 'get it' so I tried to clarify.

When both Trey and Parker had completed their original commitment to GT ( Football in exchange for Undergrad) they both looked for The Best Masters Option for Them, since they both had some eligibility left. Then they explored the opportunity costs of staying vs. going. For Trey the decision was to stay. For Parker, other paths seemed to hold more promise. This idea that this is somehow a referendum on coaching before or after is ridiculous. Remember the goal in this process is to somehow get the best possible outcome (as you see it) in exchange for the work you do. This is no different. Now in order to have a true discussion about the merits of each outcome, you must answer all variables. the further away from it you are the less variables you know. In this example, I may have a clearer understanding of what some of the variables are , you being further removed see things less clear.

But, seriously, how great is it that, as a reward for three years of hard work, effort, and scholarship, in a time of question, turmoil, and transition, Parker was able to pick up his head and see that his hard work was recognized. That people had seen and valued his abilities. Then the world opened in terms of scholarship, playing, and lifestyle. now he gets to live in two of the greatest cities in US if not the world. He will play against 3 of the top conferences, in many of the great stadiums in the country. He'll have the exact Masters he wants. And if everything goes very well an opportunity to compete at the highest levels in college and beyond.

So, I have rambled on, mostly because I enjoyed this board and wanted to clarify this move. We love GT, we have loved GT, and we will love GT. I hope this sheds a little light on the subject.

to quote one of the great 20th century Poets:
LOVE, PEACE, and CHICKEN GREASE!

God bless you, brother.

I hope you and your wife create a milk money fund with all the money you'll be saving on milk when Josh is in school. You can go somewhere nice!

LibertyTurns

Banned
God bless you, brother.

I hope you and your wife create a milk money fund with all the money you'll be saving on milk when Josh is in school. You can go somewhere nice!
I’m sure he’s still paying off the food bill from those hosses eating everything in sight in HS. I shudder to think what that looked like. Guessing maybe the size of a small used car each week.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m sure he’s still paying off the food bill from those hosses eating everything in sight in HS. I shudder to think what that looked like. Guessing maybe the size of a small used car each week.

I could be wrong but I think the biggest "raise' I ever got was when my teenage boys moved out. 2nd biggest was when we had to quit buying diapers.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Flea used to feed Will and the folks at his w21 RV spot w a huge bbq pit . When several ol guys followed Will to flea s pit, we soon found it was quickly crumbs for us. Soon other fb parents chipped in and it was not a financial strain for flea. The players are not modest about stacking burgers on top of each other. They are back pretty fast too.
Hope to see the morgans and defoor contribute this year. They seem active in the videos of drills by S&C coaches.

Last edited:

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
See this is why I haven't tried to explain before now. I am not 'offended' I'm not twelve, you said you didn't 'get it' so I tried to clarify.

When both Trey and Parker had completed their original commitment to GT ( Football in exchange for Undergrad) they both looked for The Best Masters Option for Them, since they both had some eligibility left. Then they explored the opportunity costs of staying vs. going. For Trey the decision was to stay. For Parker, other paths seemed to hold more promise. This idea that this is somehow a referendum on coaching before or after is ridiculous. Remember the goal in this process is to somehow get the best possible outcome (as you see it) in exchange for the work you do. This is no different. Now in order to have a true discussion about the merits of each outcome, you must answer all variables. the further away from it you are the less variables you know. In this example, I may have a clearer understanding of what some of the variables are , you being further removed see things less clear.

But, seriously, how great is it that, as a reward for three years of hard work, effort, and scholarship, in a time of question, turmoil, and transition, Parker was able to pick up his head and see that his hard work was recognized. That people had seen and valued his abilities. Then the world opened in terms of scholarship, playing, and lifestyle. now he gets to live in two of the greatest cities in US if not the world. He will play against 3 of the top conferences, in many of the great stadiums in the country. He'll have the exact Masters he wants. And if everything goes very well an opportunity to compete at the highest levels in college and beyond.

So, I have rambled on, mostly because I enjoyed this board and wanted to clarify this move. We love GT, we have loved GT, and we will love GT. I hope this sheds a little light on the subject.

"do you get it now?" is how you ended your response. Thats why I thought I offended you with the question.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

It is awesome for Parker that he has the opportunity to get degrees from two great institutions that will help him outside of football! And to play football for some terrific coaches against great competition at both of those schools! Parker will always be part of the Tech family, just like Trey and I'll be rooting for him at Texas and hopefully in the NFL if that's the direction he chooses to go. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed that Parker wasn't going to be playing at GT next year but I'm more happy for him for this opportunity and will always be grateful that he put on the white and gold (and blue) and gave me so many wonderful moments on the field and that he represented my alma mater with class and dignity.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Keep digging that hole. :rolleyes:

Ok, I didn’t realize asking why a scholarship player is leaving was offensive or forbidden. If wanting to know that info is “digging a hole” I stand ready with my shovel. BTW I still don’t get it, he was on scholly and one of our best and we put people like him in the NFL regularly.

I may be dumb like a rock but nuances go over my head, if he didn’t like coach or coach didn’t like him that’s cool but I need simplicity in order to understand, otherwise it’s simple BS to say Tech doesn’t deliver a well rounded athlete or to say our guys need to attend another school to gain credibility on the field.

Now just a warning, I’m prepared to leave it here and continue my apparent blissful ignorance but if you respond aggressively to this post, I’m stupid enough to argue about this for months.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I didn’t realize asking why a scholarship player is leaving was offensive or forbidden. If wanting to know that info is “digging a hole” I stand ready with my shovel. BTW I still don’t get it, he was on scholly and one of our best and we put people like him in the NFL regularly.

I may be dumb like a rock but nuances go over my head, if he didn’t like coach or coach didn’t like him that’s cool but I need simplicity in order to understand, otherwise it’s simple BS to say Tech doesn’t deliver a well rounded athlete or to say our guys need to attend another school to gain credibility on the field.

Now just a warning, I’m prepared to leave it here and continue my apparent blissful ignorance but if you respond aggressively to this post, I’m stupid enough to argue about this for months.

There isn’t any nuance for you to get. He made a decision that was different than you would have made given similar data and opportunities. Some people like vanilla and some people like chocolate. There’s nothing to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned

And you dig deeper and deeper :rolleyes:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Or you could simply read his father’s post and let it go.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
There isn’t any nuance for you to get. He made a decision that was different than you would have made given similar data and opportunities. Some people like vanilla and some people like chocolate. There’s nothing to argue about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes being highly educated denies people the ability to use common sense. I'm not arguing about him leaving, I was told I was digging a hole, Id like to know why the question solicits that response or the attitude coming from some.

And you dig deeper and deeper :rolleyes:

I knew you would say that, I dont give a damn why he left now, at this point Id like to know how i'm digging a hole

Or you could simply read his father’s post and let it go.

what the hell am I letting go ? Im trying to find out why this question upsets you people. Is there a big secret that deems asking why he left to be a sin ? I'm responding to being told to shut up at this point.

Ill bet you one thing though if I were Calvin Johnson none of you would approach me with this attitude, it would be butt kissing central, i'd have 40 emails telling me the behind the scene reasons, which very obviously there are. A hit dog barks and all yall are barking like crazy at me.

now yall can drop this since its a secret, I can't see yall anyway this hole is so deep or is it the wall of secrets thats so tall ? ;)

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes being highly educated denies people the ability to use common sense. I'm not arguing about him leaving, I was told I was digging a hole, Id like to know why the question solicits that response or the attitude coming from some.

I knew you would say that, I dont give a damn why he left now, at this point Id like to know how i'm digging a hole
What secret? His dad explain

what the hell am I letting go ? Im trying to find out why this question upsets you people. Is there a big secret that deems asking why he left to be a sin ? I'm responding to being told to shut up at this point.

Ill bet you one thing though if I were Calvin Johnson none of you would approach me with this attitude, it would be butt kissing central, i'd have 40 emails telling me the behind the scene reasons, which very obviously there are. A hit dog barks and all yall are barking like crazy at me.

now yall can drop this since its a secret, I can't see yall anyway this hole is so deep or is it the wall of secrets thats so tall ? ;)

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
What secret? His dad explained it. I’m not upset about anything just don’t get why the explanation doesn’t clear it up.

Please read my post ! I asked why he was leaving, his dad responded as if I offended him, I asked why the question was offensive, I was told I was digging a hole.

I'm now past the why he is leaving question and I am trying to find out how asking the question itself is digging a hole. that's what i'm asking now -- about the hole and why I'm perceived as digging one.

on second thought just forget it -- everyone forget it, it dosent matter Ill be a good little Tech fan and shut up (but I have the right to reconsider)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

The initial question isn't a problem. It's when you got an answer that you didn't agree with you continued to act like you didn't get any answer at all, at least that's my perception. You may not think that's what you're doing but certainly it looks that way to others. I don't have any issue with people asking questions, especially when they are genuine. Quite the contrary; I appreciate it. This is a discussion board and the best discussions are usually between people who can disagree respectfully. And I'll spend a ton of time and effort helping someone understand something in a good-faith way.

Please don't take offense at this because I don't mean it that way but there are times when my kids (who are teens) disagree with an answer I give them for why they can't do something or why they have to do something. I will discuss things with them so they understand the answer. And then if they continue to disagree then my response to them is that they don't have to agree with the answer but it IS the answer, I've gone to great lengths so they understand the answer, and sometimes we have to accept an answer with which we disagree or don't like.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The initial question isn't a problem. It's when you got an answer that you didn't agree with you continued to act like you didn't get any answer at all, at least that's my perception. You may not think that's what you're doing but certainly it looks that way to others. I don't have any issue with people asking questions, especially when they are genuine. Quite the contrary; I appreciate it. This is a discussion board and the best discussions are usually between people who can disagree respectfully. And I'll spend a ton of time and effort helping someone understand something in a good-faith way.

Please don't take offense at this because I don't mean it that way but there are times when my kids (who are teens) disagree with an answer I give them for why they can't do something or why they have to do something. I will discuss things with them so they understand the answer. And then if they continue to disagree then my response to them is that they don't have to agree with the answer but it IS the answer, I've gone to great lengths so they understand the answer, and sometimes we have to accept an answer with which we disagree or don't like.

1 (one) question on the actual topic, over 3 pages (the why-because I didn't understand why),
1 (one)observation, after dad explained it, that the same criteria can be had at Tech, WHICH IS WHAT I SAID (otherwise know as an acknowledgement to the answer), combined with the observation that I didn't mean to offend if I did, given dads last sentence.
I was immediately told I was "digging a hole", after 2 post ! Hardly "continuing to act like I didn't get an answer at all".

ALL other post I have made on this subject sought to find out why I was told I was digging a hole, which I still haven't been told. Is the hole digging the fact that I didn't understand the transfer ? The fact that I stated he could have gotten the same competition here ? That I thought dad was offended ? that I spoke at all ? what ?

I would also add that a fellow poster posted that "They (the family) could have flung a lot of **** around but took the high road ", a statement which surely implies more to the story, a statement that would normally solicit questions or thought as to why.

I NEVER refused to accept the fact he transferred . I thought I was IN A CONVERSATION talking ABOUT the reason for the transfer, but ok, apparently there was no sh** to fling after all, or even a conversation to be had for that matter.

Ill be a good little Tech fan and stop getting out of line, wait - nope that will never happen !