Braun to Texas

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
1 (one) question on the actual topic, over 3 pages (the why-because I didn't understand why),
1 (one)observation, after dad explained it, that the same criteria can be had at Tech, WHICH IS WHAT I SAID (otherwise know as an acknowledgement to the answer), combined with the observation that I didn't mean to offend if I did, given dads last sentence.
I was immediately told I was "digging a hole", after 2 post ! Hardly "continuing to act like I didn't get an answer at all".

ALL other post I have made on this subject sought to find out why I was told I was digging a hole, which I still haven't been told. Is the hole digging the fact that I didn't understand the transfer ? The fact that I stated he could have gotten the same competition here ? That I thought dad was offended ? that I spoke at all ? what ?

I would also add that a fellow poster posted that "They (the family) could have flung a lot of **** around but took the high road ", a statement which surely implies more to the story, a statement that would normally solicit questions or thought as to why.

I NEVER refused to accept the fact he transferred . I thought I was IN A CONVERSATION talking ABOUT the reason for the transfer, but ok, apparently there was no sh** to fling after all, or even a conversation to be had for that matter.

Ill be a good little Tech fan and stop getting out of line, wait - nope that will never happen !

Let me translate for you, because I really don't think people understand your point of view.

Everyone, what @Technut1990 is asking is "Why is it that every time I stick my shovel in and throw out more dirt people think that I keep digging my hole?"

Glad I could help.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Let me translate for you, because I really don't think people understand your point of view.

Everyone, what @Technut1990 is asking is "Why is it that every time I stick my shovel in and throw out more dirt people think that I keep digging my hole?"

Glad I could help.
Now I dont really agree w the overall point, i like the presentation so well I feel like I should agree with the conclusion.
Well said!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
1 (one) question on the actual topic, over 3 pages (the why-because I didn't understand why),
1 (one)observation, after dad explained it, that the same criteria can be had at Tech, WHICH IS WHAT I SAID (otherwise know as an acknowledgement to the answer), combined with the observation that I didn't mean to offend if I did, given dads last sentence.
I was immediately told I was "digging a hole", after 2 post ! Hardly "continuing to act like I didn't get an answer at all".

ALL other post I have made on this subject sought to find out why I was told I was digging a hole, which I still haven't been told. Is the hole digging the fact that I didn't understand the transfer ? The fact that I stated he could have gotten the same competition here ? That I thought dad was offended ? that I spoke at all ? what ?

I would also add that a fellow poster posted that "They (the family) could have flung a lot of **** around but took the high road ", a statement which surely implies more to the story, a statement that would normally solicit questions or thought as to why.

I NEVER refused to accept the fact he transferred . I thought I was IN A CONVERSATION talking ABOUT the reason for the transfer, but ok, apparently there was no sh** to fling after all, or even a conversation to be had for that matter.

Ill be a good little Tech fan and stop getting out of line, wait - nope that will never happen !
Not sure if it will help, but I think a large portion of our fanbase understands that the scenario is what's mutually agreeable for PB and GT. He played some great ball for us, and has been a helluva ambassador for our program. He chose to move on to a different team to pursue a graduate degree in a program we don't offer. He took the time to provide an interview to the local paper to talk about the decision and went out of his way to frame it as an opportunity for him and not a dig on the program. His dad, an active and well liked member of our online community, took it even further to come on to the board and share information about the decision and his son's thought process. At this point the Braun family has done more than is reasonable to expect so people were appreciate of the effort.

I think some, myself included, wanted to make sure you're not throwing mud or stirring trouble for either the program or the Braun Family. So far as I can tell, everyone acted reasonably in the decision for Parker to take his next step in school and attend UT. The departure was amicable and so people just wanted to show their appreciation for what t he Braun family has done for the Institute, wish them well, then move on to the future for our program.

LibertyTurns

Banned
@Technut1990 I said “could have thrown a lot of crap around but took the high road...” because in this day and age it would have been easy for the family to say “I didn’t get what I wanted fill in the blank*” and it would have been recruiting fodder for every swinging schwanz negatively recruiting against GT. I’m also quite certain that it’s not unbelievably blissful under CGC and staff the same was as it wasn’t under CPJ and staff.

The classy family took the high road, made positive comments about new and old from what I can tell. It’s what high character people do on departure, praise the old and say good things about the new.

There wasn’t bad intent on my part. Old coach had a style, I liked it. New coach has a radically different style. Does not give me a thrill up my leg, but our players and many fans seem to like it a whole lot so I’ll learn to like it more than I do now. If he beat the mutts, wins New Year’s day bowl games and Conference Championships, I’ll hold him in high regard like every other GT coach that has done the same. Time will tell. I’m praying that happens because this old body only has some many more GT sport heart attacks left in it.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure if it will help, but I think a large portion of our fanbase understands that the scenario is what's mutually agreeable for PB and GT. He played some great ball for us, and has been a helluva ambassador for our program. He chose to move on to a different team to pursue a graduate degree in a program we don't offer. He took the time to provide an interview to the local paper to talk about the decision and went out of his way to frame it as an opportunity for him and not a dig on the program. His dad, an active and well liked member of our online community, took it even further to come on to the board and share information about the decision and his son's thought process. At this point the Braun family has done more than is reasonable to expect so people were appreciate of the effort.

I think some, myself included, wanted to make sure you're not throwing mud or stirring trouble for either the program or the Braun Family. So far as I can tell, everyone acted reasonably in the decision for Parker to take his next step in school and attend UT. The departure was amicable and so people just wanted to show their appreciation for what t he Braun family has done for the Institute, wish them well, then move on to the future for our program.

Finally, a well written answer to my question, thank you Midtown. I find it easier to understand when people actually explain things, especially when my question was a real question as to why he was leaving. I may be uninformed as to the nuances which take place behind the scenes, I may not have the contacts that others on this board do, so with that in mind when I ask a question it’s because I don’t know the answer. When the question is answered directly, I assume I’m in a convesation. I don’t respond well to assumptions that I’m trying to sully the program. Nor to useless unsolicited observations based on assumptions or just a general need for some to throw bombs. Again though, I get the “digging a hole” post now because you took the time to explain. It NEVER occurred to me that I would ever be suspected of insulting Tech as an institution or it’s players personally. As I said I wish the entire family well but where I come from ending a sentence with “do you understand now ? “ is rude and you will get a response, regardless who you are.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Finally, a well written answer to my question, thank you Midtown. I find it easier to understand when people actually explain things, especially when my question was a real question as to why he was leaving. I may be uninformed as to the nuances which take place behind the scenes, I may not have the contacts that others on this board do, so with that in mind when I ask a question it’s because I don’t know the answer. When the question is answered directly, I assume I’m in a convesation. I don’t respond well to assumptions that I’m trying to sully the program. Nor to useless unsolicited observations based on assumptions or just a general need for some to throw bombs. Again though, I get the “digging a hole” post now because you took the time to explain. It NEVER occurred to me that I would ever be suspected of insulting Tech as an institution or it’s players personally. As I said I wish the entire family well but where I come from ending a sentence with “do you understand now ? “ is rude and you will get a response, regardless who you are.

Glad it helped. I think generally in life it would be better for all of us to assume positive intent from other people. If we all had done that, then it likely would have been a different conversation for all involved.

Thanks for taking the time to see the whole conversation and not jus a part. Now we can all get back to hating on “‘dem dwags” and arguing about something meaningful. Like the right shade of gold ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk