Brad Stewart's final year

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Since this is Brads last year , please put all Brad thread diversions as well as any random brad comments here.

I think he is going to do well receiving and blocking but will share time with the younger guys. He has not been dominate. Like any average employee at the tail end of career, he will share time unless he blows up in spring.

Tater here you go

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember that catch he made in the GHSA championship his senior year. Can't believe he's about to be a senior in college. I hope he shows that dominance next year, we need a stud receiver.

Man, seems like just yesterday we were talking about CPJ's blue shirt offer to him, and now he's about to start his final year.

They grow up so fast...

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Good luck, Brad! If your senior campaign is only 20% as good as the high expectations expressed on this site for you during your recruitment, you will become a legend!

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Since this is Brads last year , please put all Brad thread diversions as well as any random brad comments here.

I think he is going to do well receiving and blocking but will share time with the younger guys. He has not been dominate. Like any average employee at the tail end of career, he will share time unless he blows up in spring.

Tater here you go
Thanks iceeater1969 u the man,I think we need to do it more and talk abt them on here, Brad as you can see as my profile picture he's very good here,I've been following him since he first committed to us very nice guy,gives me a high five every time I'm able to see him at the yellow jacket alley,I never was a WR in high school,but I wish he went to my HS that's how much I think abt him i wished he had at least 2 years with him at Tech but hopefully we'll pick up his brother or any family members,just a overall great player for Gt glad to have him!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, I've said this in another thread so I'll say it here:

A) Brad has started for two years for a reason. If the coaches thought he couldn't catch, he'd have sat down. We have plenty of WRs and he's not all that great a blocker.

B) The number two WR in our O is often castigated for not catching the ball. Remember how people were so down on Waller? Turned out that the reason he wasn't catching too many balls is that he wasn't being thrown to. This is about to change for Brad. Will he be able to do the job? We'll find out this spring.

C) I think he's actually pretty talented and will show well now that the ball isn't going to Ricky all the time. (Btw, I do wish we'd distribute the ball a little more evenly.)

D) And, also of course, I could be completely wrong and Sanders/Dolphus/Hawkins-Anderson/Camp may show him up and sit him down. I kinda doubt that.

Get ready, Brad. It's your year if you seize it.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
102515-tech-game-hs22.jpg

I believe he caught this one. Anything after this has been a bonus for me.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Thanks iceeater1969 u the man,I think we need to do it more and talk abt them on here, Brad as you can see as my profile picture he's very good here,I've been following him since he first committed to us very nice guy,gives me a high five every time I'm able to see him at the yellow jacket alley,I never was a WR in high school,but I wish he went to my HS that's how much I think abt him i wished he had at least 2 years with him at Tech but hopefully we'll pick up his brother or any family members,just a overall great player for Gt glad to have him!
At the end of the recruiting period when we took brad, i knew from a coach we were needing wide reciever recruits. That season a w r named Donta Thompson 6'5" w r made a similar buzzer beater td catch to win texas 5a state championship. His oc was (is) best friends w my son who also is a coach. I called the oc to see what donta's offer sheet looked like and found the only good offer was t tech. Well ga tech got some hot shot kid from fla and there were questions about donta s academics, so i dropped it.
Then we took brad after his catch and he started day one and kept iut up. The hot shot kid never played and left.
Donta has redshirted and hasn't played yet. Have heard they are going to use the big inside receiver more in 18 so maybe donta will get some p t.
Glad we have BRAD.
We will have to meet at the yellow jacket alley. Wife and i have been to everyone since 15. Send me a message next fall.
Go JACKETS

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
This is so funny. Would we be having this discussion if we had not gone off the deep end 3 years ago with 50 pages of recruiting banter? Brad has certainly been much better than most 2 star kids and several 4 star recruits per my memory. He is a lot like the kid I thought we were getting when we saw him high pointing balls in HS. I do think coming in that the one area I was concerned about was his ability to separate in Power 5 FB. He came to the right school as often the DBs are so surprised when we attempt to throw it helps our guys with separation. One thing for sure, timing on the release of the ball and the placement of said ball this year was very poor. Now according to some, I was under the impression that that would be Brads fault as well. You know several of you talked like he could throw it and catch it on the same play before he got here.Just couldn't resist.