Brad Stewart

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
First of all. Hats off to him for being such a selfless player. It blocks consistently and gives his all for the team. Almost all of his punt returns end up being fair caught because we rarely set him up for any type of return. Despite all his blocking and big catches JT rarely throws the rock his way. Despite ALL of that when his number is called he steps up and makes the play. We were lucky to get him, luckier that he is so selfless.
Any idea what is going on and why he doesn't get more chances?
JT throws the vast majority of his tosses to June?

Thoughts. Guys I will admit I don't know everything I just want to make sure that we spread the ball around among our capable receivers get their chances.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
First of all. Hats off to him for being such a selfless player. It blocks consistently and gives his all for the team. Almost all of his punt returns end up being fair caught because we rarely set him up for any type of return. Despite all his blocking and big catches JT rarely throws the rock his way. Despite ALL of that when his number is called he steps up and makes the play. We were lucky to get him, luckier that he is so selfless.

Thoughts. Guys I will admit I don't know everything I just want to make sure that we spread the ball around among our capable receivers get their chances.
I don't think Johnson has ever been a spread-the-ball-around coach. Pick your best, insist he make a play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I don't think Johnson has ever been a spread-the-ball-around coach. Pick your best, insist he make a play.

CPJ just doesn't develop players. Practice seems to count more than game time.

Stewart is really good and should be on the other side 1/2 the time. I don't know whether Stewart or Jeune is better but would like to see.

CPJ just doesn't develop players. Practice seems to count more than game time.

Stewart is really good and should be on the other side 1/2 the time. I don't know whether Stewart or Jeune is better but would like to see.
Justin seldom sees more than one receiver, so there have been plays when Jeune was open and not thrown to and when Jeune was thrown to even when other receivers were open

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Justin seldom sees more than one receiver, so there have been plays when Jeune was open and not thrown to and when Jeune was thrown to even when other receivers were open

JT has had plenty of time lately. He's just gun shy from a lot of abuse.

Stewart made a great catch today showing he just wanted the ball more.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was so excited seeing Stewart snag that catch! Reminded me of the one he made in the state playoffs a few years back. Our passing offense just seems like it's so basic you throw to the planned receiver without any progressions. Stewart has sure hands and the only gripe I have is he has caught some punts he shouldn't have due to field position. I hope he is looked at more this season and seasons to come.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So you saying June is better WR than Stewart?
No. I don't know enough about either of them to know. I am saying Paul Johnson thinks so, and that partly accounts for Jeune being targeted even though others might have been open. Johnson has been open that he expects his WRs to make plays. In short, even in tight coverage, go get it.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BS has shown the ability to win the contested ball and high point the catch etc. Most of his grabs have not been easy. With that said, it is not like he is roaming around free and we are refusing to get him the ball. Let's be real here.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow

I can't tell when watching the game because you don't see the routes being run. Is Stewart open? I think JT completed 60% or more of his passes today so it's not as if he threw to guys who shouldn't have had it thrown their way. I like Brad Stewart but everyone acts as if he should be getting more passes his way. Passing game looked great to me today.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It was a very good catch by Brad. I do think there is something to him playing to JeT's off side. It seems to me JeT is locking in and not going through his progressions as I would like to see him do. Today on the series where the FG was missed the A back (I think it was Lnych) ran a little seam to the post and NOBODY picked him up. JeT still went to Jeune and overthrew him.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps I should have opened this thread a bit more objectively. More than anything I am just curious. Some of you on here have a better eye for technique or errors that players are committing and was wondering if there is some
BS has shown the ability to win the contested ball and high point the catch etc. Most of his grabs have not been easy. With that said, it is not like he is roaming around free and we are refusing to get him the ball. Let's be real here.
You have a good critical eye for dissecting our players performances so where does BS need to step up his game to move to the next level as a WR. Honestly fellas, I am proud of being a GT fan and take and have taken all kinds of flack from friends, family members, and co-workers for being so loyal to GT. I am just looking for constructive conversation and not really bashing anyone specifically. Perhaps I should've opened the thread a bit more objectively. I also don't mean to put a damper on our win either. I am just honestly curious why BS chances are limited since he has been clutch in some big moments over the past couple of games recently.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
It was a very good catch by Brad. I do think there is something to him playing to JeT's off side. It seems to me JeT is locking in and not going through his progressions as I would like to see him do. Today on the series where the FG was missed the A back (I think it was Lnych) ran a little seam to the post and NOBODY picked him up. JeT still went to Jeune and overthrew him.
This makes since and perhaps he has limited visibility if JT is not squaring his shoulders or able to drop back deep enough? I don't know b/c I have never been a QB but I would assume that it is more difficult for a right handed QB to throw it across his body to a WR on his left vs. throwing to the WR on his right.