Bracketology - Let's Do This

Deleted member 2897

I feel bad for Loyola though. Ranked around #15, but instead of getting a 4 seed they draw an 8. Then they play 3 straight P5 conference tournament champions. What a bull**** draw.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I feel bad for Loyola though. Ranked around #15, but instead of getting a 4 seed they draw an 8. Then they play 3 straight P5 conference tournament champions. What a bull**** draw.

Their seed sucked but they got GT without Moses, and Oregon state wasn't a NCAAT except for winning their conference tourney.

Other than having to face Illinois in the second round they got a very easy draw.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
22% from the field. Cant hit anything.
While I love a beautiful outside shot as much as any basketball fan, I've always hated it counting 3 points. You can't tell me shooting from a spot you practice thousands of times should be worth more points than three or four passes for a clever layup. Loyola has a lucky day making three's against Tech and has little game against a good team when they are cold from the outside. Yeah, part of the game today but certainly not an improvement in the game.

Milwaukee

Banned
While I love a beautiful outside shot as much as any basketball fan, I've always hated it counting 3 points. You can't tell me shooting from a spot you practice thousands of times should be worth more points than three or four passes for a clever layup. Loyola has a lucky day making three's against Tech and has little game against a good team when they are cold from the outside. Yeah, part of the game today but certainly not an improvement in the game.
Do you also wish they weren’t allowed to dunk and they shot free throws underhanded? 😂

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oregon State joins the 2002 Missouri Tigers as the lowest seed ever to advance to the Elite Eight.

The lowest seed to make the Final Four is an 11-seed, which has occurred 4 times. Last time that happened was Loyola-Chicago in 2018. (LSU 1986, George Mason 2006, VCU 2011). The only other double digit seed to make the Final Four is the 2016 Syracuse team.

The lowest seeded team to win the Natl Championship is the 1985 Villanova team, an 8 seed. 2nd lowest seed to win a NC is the 2014 #7 seed UConn that beat #8 seed KY in the Championship game. No double digit seed has won a game at the Final Four.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Syracuse shooting was awful last night. Some of it was Houston defense not letting Cuse take comfortable shots, but Cuse missed a lot of open looks as well. Houston needs only to defeat #12 seeded Oregon State to make the Final Four.