Bracketology - Let's Do This

Deleted member 2897

33 in KenPom and NET. In the last couple weeks we’ve won several straight games and our rankings haven’t changed LOL.

Im still expecting we’ll be an 8/9 in Gonzaga’s bracket LOL.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Personally, I think the committee is going to suprise a lot of people with GT's seed. I feel like every March I hear the same thing... "the committee rewarded a strong finish and forgave early losses." That's us in a nutshell.

Heck, I don't see how the committee wouldn't want us in a favorable spot just to increase chances to queue up stories and interviews on our program. Moses, Wright, and Pastner all have Cinderella potential written all over them.

Calling it now, 6 seed or better, 3rd best seed or better in ACC.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
LOL! They must have been told to get on the plane to Indy "just in case".

There are still about 4-6 teams more deserving than them, but these scam artists will somehow make this happen.

They apparently can have it both ways. If they are selected, they will play. If they are not selected, they will blame the absence on the virus and claim the streak is intact.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I think the committee is going to suprise a lot of people with GT's seed. I feel like every March I hear the same thing... "the committee rewarded a strong finish and forgave early losses." That's us in a nutshell.

Heck, I don't see how the committee wouldn't want us in a favorable spot just to increase chances to queue up stories and interviews on our program. Moses, Wright, and Pastner all have Cinderella potential written all over them.

Calling it now, 6 seed or better, 3rd best seed or better in ACC.

I've said for a while that the committee was likely to seed us higher than projections simply due to the nature of how they choose seeds vs the bracketology people. Updating every day is great for producing content and probably fairly accurate overall, but it will be off sometimes. I think that is especially true for us having lost 2 such games. One game can be easier to wave away, such as UVA losing to San Francisco.

Our NET is 33 and beyond that most of the other rankings that I believe the committee looks at are all pretty much in agreement with a spread of just 30 to 37 for KPI, SOR, BPI, Pomeroy, and Sagarin. By that alone we should probably be in the 8-9 range which seems to be a common prediction looking at a couple of places. Now there are some notable exceptions (UNC and Colgate) but if I'm trying to be impartial most of the teams ahead of us also have similarly strong or stronger arguments. Now we are hot, going by Sagarin recent we are 13th compared to our mean of 33, and the committee might be willing to give us the benefit of the doubt for the early 2 games (keep in mind some other similarly rated teams also have circumstances to be considered) but I will be surprised if we get above a 7 seed.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Annual reminder that more ACC teams selected = More $$$ for GT

As of this morning BracketMatrix has 8 ACC teams in. A couple bid stealer possibilities remain that could cause trouble for Louisville and 'Cuse, the commonly assumed last ACC teams in. Duke is firmly out according to projections.

NET
  • 12 - Virginia
  • 24 - Florida State
  • 32 - North Carolina
  • 33 - Georgia Tech (up 5 spots)
  • 40 - Syracuse
  • 41 - Clemson
  • 48 - Virginia Tech
  • 49 - Duke
  • 56 - Louisville
KenPom
  • 10 - Virginia