Bracketology - Let's Do This

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
How are we not a 5 seed. 5 seed essentially means you're a top 20 team.... we have beaten 3 top 20 teams in the past 2 months while going on an 8 game win streak while winning the ACC tourney. FSU is ranked as a top 20 team and we have basically the same record (they played THREE less games).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Lets hope those goofs over at ESPN realize this and seed us properly
I do not think ESPN has any input in the seeding of teams. Or the selection of teams. They might wish they could have a say in matchups, but I am pretty sure that is not the case. As for game times, maybe they have a role in that.

So, maybe you meant to say, "... those goofs over at the NCAA ..."

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I do not think ESPN has any input in the seeding of teams. Or the selection of teams. They might wish they could have a say in matchups, but I am pretty sure that is not the case. As for game times, maybe they have a role in that.

So, maybe you meant to say, "... those goofs over at the NCAA ..."
whoever the hell is in charge of seeding lol

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
whoever the hell is in charge of seeding lol
The whole thing is so confusing
1615744852333.png

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Don’t care about seeding. I think we are a dangerous tournament team. I’ve been saying for a while that this team plays with a style that’s dangerous in a tournament setting.

We can score from any spot on the floor and ride a hot hand at all 5 positions. Guard play from Jose, Mike, Bubba, Kyle; wing play from Jordan, Khalid; down low with Moses. So you can’t sell out anywhere without us making your pay.

We also have sneaky athletic dudes on the wing that move and flash like guards that make it hard to keep pace all game against us.

Then the beauty of our hybrid zone is a thing to behold. I have learned a lot over the years from this board about the concepts and I’m a huge fan of what CJP has done. Jose’s quick hands and the work the team puts into scouting has paid off. Jose referenced it in his post game last night talking about how he saw an opportunity to steal the ball at the end based off film work and seeing it once before live. The guys break on his move and it’s like watching animal planet when a group of predators picks off their prey. I love it.

Finally you throw in the mental frustration teams have, being confused by the look we give them on D, then thinking they figure it out only to have us switch mid possession. The madhouse continues with Jose picking off the ball the moment you show indecision and then Moses and Jordan abusing the rims with easy transition slams. It just be exhausting to play against this team and I couldn’t be happier then I am watching opponents wither against us.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Don’t care about seeding. I think we are a dangerous tournament team. I’ve been saying for a while that this team plays with a style that’s dangerous in a tournament setting.

We can score from any spot on the floor and ride a hot hand at all 5 positions. Guard play from Jose, Mike, Bubba, Kyle; wing play from Jordan, Khalid; down low with Moses. So you can’t sell out anywhere without us making your pay.

We also have sneaky athletic dudes on the wing that move and flash like guards that make it hard to keep pace all game against us.

Then the beauty of our hybrid zone is a thing to behold. I have learned a lot over the years from this board about the concepts and I’m a huge fan of what CJP has done. Jose’s quick hands and the work the team puts into scouting has paid off. Jose referenced it in his post game last night talking about how he saw an opportunity to steal the ball at the end based off film work and seeing it once before live. The guys break on his move and it’s like watching animal planet when a group of predators picks off their prey. I love it.

Finally you throw in the mental frustration teams have, being confused by the look we give them on D, then thinking they figure it out only to have us switch mid possession. The madhouse continues with Jose picking off the ball the moment you show indecision and then Moses and Jordan abusing the rims with easy transition slams. It just be exhausting to play against this team and I couldn’t be happier then I am watching opponents wither against us.
We remind me, in style, of the Arkansas teams under Nolan Richardson. When you had the ball against them it was a constant fight to avoid chaos. As a result, it was difficult run set plays and the resulting anxiety created turnovers and bad shots.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We remind me, in style, of the Arkansas teams under Nolan Richardson. When you had the ball against them it was a constant fight to avoid chaos. As a result, it was difficult run set plays and the resulting anxiety created turnovers and bad shots.
Great comparison