Bracketology - Let's Do This

Deleted member 2897

Our entire team has to be sitting somewhere watching this game thinking this should be us. If this doesn’t make them want to run it back I don’t know what will.

Yea, the whole thing is a bunch of tremendous bull****. I get that with Moses’ testing abnormalities, that they wanted to be super safe in case he was going to get sick. But what just an absolute ****ty way to run everything.

Deleted member 2897

8 pts, 6 rbs, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO and completely neutralizing ILL bigs - i've been very impressed so far.
I think he has looked alot more impressive so far today than he did against GT. His passing has been fabulous.
Loyola is giving ILL all sorts of fits.

Dumb foul just now though. Should have let Kofi just have that dunk.

He also missed 5 layups. A lot of those rebounds and points were re-tries from his own missed layups.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That's one thing you can take advantage of with Krutwig...he's not athletic so if you isolate that matchup against him when the guard penetrates you can get those big man dunks against him. On the other end, Krutwig has to finish those layups. Missing those really hurts because Illinois has some firepower.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll say this about Krutwig, he's got Kofi on skates in the post. That's one thing you have to like about Krutwig...he's got some really good post moves that wrong foots defenders.

Deleted member 2897

Loyola defense is good. Tech handled their defense much better than Illinois has so far.

Yep, we shot our highest of the year against them (60%). We just had no center, so got crushed on rebounds. Frustrating we couldn’t play.

Loyola should have been a 4 or 5 seed and we should have been a 6 seed.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll say this about Krutwig, he's got Kofi on skates in the post. That's one thing you have to like about Krutwig...he's got some really good post moves that wrong foots defenders.
He's not athletic, but as I mentioned before our game with them, he has great footwork.
As 2016 said, he's left points on the floor, so we'll see if that comes back in the 2nd half.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep, we shot our highest of the year against them (60%). We just had no center, so got crushed on rebounds. Frustrating we couldn’t play.
That is exactly what happened.

Loyola is not a good off rb team, but against us without Moses they were a great one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It would have been nice to get this officiating in our game. Would have been much tighter down the stretch.

In your opinion, do you think it hurts us that Pastner doesn't get on refs for not calling certain things?

I've heard several times during games that Pastner doesn't like getting on referees about those calls. It certainly seems it hurts us given the foul differentials.