Bracketology - Let's Do This

Deleted member 2897

Friendly reminder...there has been a bit of thread drift here and I am as guilty of anyone of contributing. But this looks like it may drift into politics. This is a good thread. Let's keep it alive.

The thread veered off topic. Wage rates and economics aren’t political, it’s just off topic. This is silly.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
When you think about it, a 68 team, single elimination tournament is insane. Absolutely bonkers. You really can’t predict it or have any expectations if you’re a high seed. Some years it feels completely random outside of the 1-16 games.

Deleted member 2897

When you think about it, a 68 team, single elimination tournament is insane. Absolutely bonkers. You really can’t predict it or have any expectations if you’re a high seed. Some years it feels completely random outside of the 1-16 games.

Especially this year where some teams weren’t allowed to practice for the week before the games.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Been a fun first 2 rounds. Not surprising it has been at least as unpredictable as ever. Half of the P6 conference tournament winners lost their first round game.

FWIW, on the VCU-Oregon game. It sounds like it was a decision by the Marion County Health Department in conjunction with the NCAA. With more positive tests popping up the county wasn't willing to let it move forward given other players who had tested negative could potentially be infected but not testing positive yet.

As someone above said, I suspect if GT had had any more positive tests after Moses I bet our game would have been declared a no contest.

PAC12 has advanced all their teams and B12 all but 1. B10 looks somewhat better after day 2. Good showing in general by team west of the Mississippi - 16 of 24 teams from West of the MS move to the 2nd round with 4 of the losses coming to teams from W of the MS.

Deleted member 2897

It started when you got in your jab about $15 minimum wage. I recommend no political analogies in sports threads period.

False. Someone else was talking about wage caps and floors and I made an analogy to that. It’s not a political analogy. This is hilarious.

Deleted member 2897

You are correct but if you don't see how the thread might go there then you haven't been paying attention to this board my friend.

So are you going to delete the entire thread like has been done before, or maybe can we just delete or move those particular replies and move on? At what point do we stop killing things over fears of what might happen and blowing nothing up into something and just have fun?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So are you going to delete the entire thread like has been done before, or maybe can we just delete or move those particular replies and move on? At what point do we stop killing things over fears of what might happen and blowing nothing up into something and just have fun?

just so you have some idea. there are many times we do remove individual posts. But we are not monitoring 24/7. For example, I am leaving to go fishing. If a thread is left unmoderated, it can be a tedious and time consuming task to separate the fly$h!t from the pepper, so it is easier to just move or lock a thread. I am sure that you don't like that but otoh, you really have no skin in the game either.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not sure I'm watching any of these today except for Rutgers, due to a friend's fandom of them and I like their coach.

Deleted member 2897

just so you have some idea. there are many times we do remove individual posts. But we are not monitoring 24/7. For example, I am leaving to go fishing. If a thread is left unmoderated, it can be a tedious and time consuming task to separate the fly$h!t from the pepper, so it is easier to just move or lock a thread. I am sure that you don't like that but otoh, you really have no skin in the game either.

It doesn’t need to be that complicated or time consuming. You could also just leave everything but issue a warning.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure I'm watching any of these today except for Rutgers, due to a friend's fandom of them and I like their coach.

Think I’ll be watching everything on the left plus ok state as they’re my national champion. Convinced myself winner of Illinois/ok state wins it all.
Granted now bill Walton’s 5 pac 12 teams in the final 4 looking more likely.