Bracketology - Let's Do This

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
False. Someone else was talking about wage caps and floors and I made an analogy to that. It’s not a political analogy. This is hilarious.
Your bias is showing. The analogy involved saying we don’t need to raise the minimum wage because then wages are not attached to actual work. That is both false and political.

When I responded that wages have remained flat while productivity had gone up you doubled down on the point that minimum wages should not be raised, saying people should just find a different job.

I’m going to take your word that you do not believe any of this is political but it is very hard not to take the entire thread down a political road once we equate women basketball players with economic theories that are deeply rooted in political ideology.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Ha. I actually love the work. It’s busy body HOA-types like you who live in theory that make it tough.
Sorry your work is tough. I don’t think I have ever seen my job as being put upon or having “to put up with things.” I recommend you give thanks that you have a job and enjoy the blessings of work.

Deleted member 2897

Your bias is showing. The analogy involved saying we don’t need to raise the minimum wage because then wages are not attached to actual work. That is both false and political.

When I responded that wages have remained flat while productivity had gone up you doubled down on the point that minimum wages should not be raised, saying people should just find a different job.

I’m going to take your word that you do not believe any of this is political but it is very hard not to take the entire thread down a political road once we equate women basketball players with economic theories that are deeply rooted in political ideology.

Can we please get back on topic? The Mods are begging us.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Please. He's a business owner. Don't call it a job.
I can't count the number of times I wish running my own company was as easy as "just a job". But it's not even close and never will. The highs are so much higher and the lows are borderline completely devastating. But I could never go back to taking a job working for someone else. Creating something from nothing is just so amazing. I do report to my customers at the end of the day. But I like being able to make so many peoples lives better and safer. If I couldn't I would not have any customers

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I can't count the number of times I wish running my own company was as easy as "just a job". But it's not even close and never will. The highs are so much higher and the lows are borderline completely devastating. But I could never go back to taking a job working for someone else. Creating something from nothing is just so amazing. I do report to my customers at the end of the day. But I like being able to make so many peoples lives better and safer. If I couldn't I would not have any customers
Totally agree. I was a terrible employee and got canned a couple of times because of it. I feel very blessed to be in the position I’m in now. Crazy windy path to get here.

Deleted member 2897

I know it’s not fair to only grade somebody on two games and not the whole season. But in the two games I’ve watched the center for Loyola, I cannot figure out how he is an All-American. He looks fat, slow, he misses a ton of point blank shots, and looks like he doesn’t know where he is half the time.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I know it’s not fair to only grade somebody on two games and not the whole season. But in the two games I’ve watched the center for Loyola, I cannot figure out how he is an All-American. He looks fat, slow, he misses a ton of point blank shots, and looks like he doesn’t know where he is half the time.
He also looks like Farva from Super Troopers

GT_EE78

Banned
i also haven't been that impressed with him.
the center from iowa OTOH looks awesome.
I'm having a hard time wondering why Iowa didn't win the B10.
i've only seen two of their games

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
i also haven't been that impressed with him.
the center from iowa OTOH looks awesome.
I'm having a hard time wondering why Iowa didn't win the B10.
i've only seen two of their games
iowa's defense is abysmal. mostly (but not entirely) bc garza really struggles vs PNR. having watched about a dozen of their games this year, it's fascinating bc they are so so good on offense and so so bad on defense. it's a race to see who can score the most game after game.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
8 pts, 6 rbs, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO and completely neutralizing ILL bigs - i've been very impressed so far.
I think he has looked alot more impressive so far today than he did against GT. His passing has been fabulous.
Loyola is giving ILL all sorts of fits.

Dumb foul just now though. Should have let Kofi just have that dunk.