Bracketology - Let's Do This

gt24

Jolly Good Fellow
Clemson's remaining schedule is a cake walk. We could really benefit from UL and/or Dook ****ting the bed down the stretch and falling behind us in the standings. Don't want to end up behind or tied with Dook UL UNC because all 3 of them will likely get the blue blood treatment if they are on the bubble. It's another reason for us to push hard for getting either NCST or BC rescheduled. Not for NET ratings, but for ACC standings relative to Dook and UL.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
So many of our wins are on the cusp of the Q1 designation. Our resume could be anywhere from "ok" to "pretty damn good" and we don't have that much control over it.
We don't have control of whether our wins are Q1, and never did. We just need to win. A number of games may come back to haunt us: GA State, Mercer, UVAx2, Clemson, Duke. Had opportunities to win all of those games and let them get away. If the committee considers recent performance, as has been stated in the past by prior committees, just win now.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Update on our rankings (02/24).

kenpom: 32 (prev. 39)
NET: 36 (prev. 49)
Sagarin: 47 (No update since 02/22)
bracketmatrix: We're on 7 (prev. 8) out of 120 (prev. 111) brackets as an 11.57 avg. seed (these lag quite a bit unlike the above)

Deleted member 2897

Honestly it’s annoying to see how they order teams in the standings. They have a 9-6 teams listed behind a 7-4 team. I mean come on man.

Deleted member 2897

Update on our rankings (02/24).

kenpom: 32 (prev. 39)
NET: 36 (prev. 49)
Sagarin: 47 (No update since 02/22)
bracketmatrix: We're on 7 (prev. 8) out of 120 (prev. 111) brackets as an 11.57 avg. seed (these lag quite a bit unlike the above)

Total bull**** we’re not on brackets. They’d have to skip us almost 30 times to pick teams rated behind us. WTF are people looking at?

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Total bull**** we’re not on brackets. They’d have to skip us almost 30 times to pick teams rated behind us. WTF are people looking at?
Agreed. Obviously it'll take time for them to get new brackets out (not all of them are automatic), so that's a good chunk.

Also, a lot of people are lemmings and sort of follow the consensus (which is a self fulfilling prophecy). I think we'll be in a lot more by the end of the week.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we’ve completely forgotten the eye test at this point. Georgia Tech passes the eye test as a tournament team this year. I would imagine that most of the guys putting the brackets together have not watched us. They didn’t see our two losses to UVA that we could have won or our “bank in” loss to Clemson on the road. They only see a loss in the column. I know a loss is a loss, but we deserve to be in this year. We just need to keep winning and force them to put us in. I’m glad CJP talks about it as much as he does. He’s trying to sell the ACC as much as he can.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we’ve completely forgotten the eye test at this point. Georgia Tech passes the eye test as a tournament team this year. I would imagine that most of the guys putting the brackets together have not watched us. They didn’t see our two losses to UVA that we could have won or our “bank in” loss to Clemson on the road. They only see a loss in the column. I know a loss is a loss, but we deserve to be in this year. We just need to keep winning and force them to put us in. I’m glad CJP talks about it as much as he does. He’s trying to sell the ACC as much as he can.
How are they going to watch us so we can pass the eye test if all of our games are on ****ing ACCNX .