Bracketology - Let's Do This

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Minn/Stanford lost tonight but both are still ahead of GT and Michigan State has now jumped us. He values the Big Ten a lot.
MSU us hot but I think this coming crashing down next weekend. They play Michigan back to back. They’re still 2 games under .500 in the B10 and have games at Maryland home vs Indiana at Michigan and home vs Michigan. All in a weeks time.

Deleted member 2897

The #12 team in the Big Ten with a huge losing record has a NET rating in the 30s LOL. It’s like a Big Ten stooge slipped in a conference multiplier into the formula during the off season.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Would anyone lay $1,000 down saying a team outside those top 3 win it all?
I saw the prop with the field vs Gonzaga/Baylor. It was -160 and I almost pulled the trigger.

Too easy for some team to get unconscious from deep while they go cold and get upset.

Plus, I think Michigan could beat either head-to-head.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Michigan looked very well rounded last night.
Yes. Michigan State too.

Big 10 has 6 locks (Mich, Iowa, the OSU, IL, Purdue, Wisky). Rutgers and Maryland are likely unless they melt down. I assume they are going to take at least one Big 10 team with a deeply flawed resume'. What we need to hope is they don't take 3:

- Indiana - NET is 54. 12-11 overall
- Minnesota - NET is 65. They are now 5 games below .500 in conference (6-11), they've won 2 of their last 9 games and yet they still regularly show up on brackets. LOL.
- Mich St - NET is 68 (after their win last night). 2 games below .500 in conference

/

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I saw the prop with the field vs Gonzaga/Baylor. It was -160 and I almost pulled the trigger.

Too easy for some team to get unconscious from deep while they go cold and get upset.

Plus, I think Michigan could beat either head-to-head.
Gonzaga has been struggling in the first half of games against crappy competition of late. Personally I think they peaked too early.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll take this as an opportunity to reinforce the last point
  • If we stack two more quad 2 wins over the next week, we'll be sitting pretty good
  • If we lose both, we'll know our fate
  • And there are so many scenarios in between, at which point the relative comparisons will become more relevant
There are so many relevant games to be played, and so comparing our NCAAT standing to others today is little more than entertainment.
  • It doesn't matter what the bracketologists say today
  • It doesn't matter how our actual performance and record stands up to our bubble competition today
  • Our bubble competition is going to change a lot between now and when it actually matters a couple weeks from now
In summary...Just Win Baby!!

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Joe Lunardi is crazy. Minnesota is ahead of Georgia tech despite a 4 game losing streak and losing 7 of their last 9. They have 0 road wins this season and are coming off a loss at home vs 7-14 Northwestern by 9.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Minn/Stanford lost tonight but both are still ahead of GT and Michigan State has now jumped us. He values the Big Ten a lot.

Unfortunately, I watched every minute of that Minnesota/NW game last night (I had a rooting interest) and the Golden Gophers are turrrrrrible.

GT would curb stomp their asses by double-digits. **** the B10. No way that team beats us.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately, I watched every minute of that Minnesota/NW game last night (I had a rooting interest) and the Golden Gophers are turrrrrrible.

GT would curb stomp their asses by double-digits. **** the B10. No way that team beats us.
And they somehow beat Michigan by like 10

Deleted member 2897

Yes. Michigan State too.

Big 10 has 6 locks (Mich, Iowa, the OSU, IL, Purdue, Wisky). Rutgers and Maryland are likely unless they melt down. I assume they are going to take at least one Big 10 team with a deeply flawed resume'. What we need to hope is they don't take 3:

- Indiana - NET is 54. 12-11 overall
- Minnesota - NET is 65. They are now 5 games below .500 in conference (6-11), they've won 2 of their last 9 games and yet they still regularly show up on brackets. LOL.
- Mich St - NET is 68 (after their win last night). 2 games below .500 in conference

/

Yea those bottom 3 never deserve to get in - losing records, etc.

The top 6 plus Rutgers and Maryland all seem fair. Reasonable NET ratings, 0.500 or better in a conference that is strong this year. That would give them 8 and seems fair, given the assumption Rutgers and Maryland finish their last few games decently.

The same logic should apply in the ACC. We should have 6 that are locks. But if you look at Georgia Tech and Duke - they have strong NET ratings and 0.500 or greater records in conference (assuming we both finish the season decently) and so we also should have around 8 teams get in.