Bracketology 2024

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Great run by NC State. Through ACCT to Final Four.

Purdue and UConn are going to be TOUGH to beat and look headed to be on a collision course. NC State has to find a way to neutralize Edey who's having one of the best tournaments I've ever witnessed. Hopefully Big Burns can get Edey in foul trouble with his heft and quick feet.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Purdue and UConn are going to be TOUGH to beat and look headed to be on a collision course. NC State has to find a way to neutralize Edey who's having one of the best tournaments I've ever witnessed. Hopefully Big Burns can get Edey in foul trouble with his heft and quick feet.
Burns is quicker than Edey, and a better inside shooter than Edey, too. Both of them are foul magnets. I've taken NC State every game in the tournament thus far, because I think they're a team of destiny. I think they've got a good chance against Purdue, but UConn is going to be tough.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it says who should be invited. I am pretty sure it does say that the "ACC only has a couple of competitive teams" is both wrong and dead. It also kills "tired legs" theory after they won 5 in 5 to win the ACC and survived the playoff game immediately after.

It is bad season for bad narratives.
Take a look at the starters on the 4 teams left and you will not a majority of older players. Many "Grads" and seniors plus some Covid extra year guys!

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Agree thar Purdue and UConn will be tough particularly UConn. However Burns unconventionality may be what gives Edey trouble. NC State has 3 big men which helps too. Duke only had one good one. One question that continues for me is why did NC State struggle so much during the year?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Agree thar Purdue and UConn will be tough particularly UConn. However Burns unconventionality may be what gives Edey trouble. NC State has 3 big men which helps too. Duke only had one good one. One question that continues for me is why did NC State struggle so much during the year?
Will be interesting to see how the game is officiated. The games today allowed a lot of contact that was not called. I expect the same in the final four.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see how the game is officiated. The games today allowed a lot of contact that was not called. I expect the same in the final four.
Wait until you see Alabama. Saban puts 5 LB'ers out there and they can really deliver a hit.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
I think I heard Burns in a post game interview mention how once they got on a run, players started showing up on time, nobody caused problems. So the team had issues working and playing together earlier.

Btw especially enjoyed watching that Filipowski ******* go down.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I said this back in January, but last night confirmed it. They might have the best starting lineup in college basketball, but they are not a good team. How can the staff not get something from Procter? How does a starting lineup with five 5* players give up 55 points in one half? I think Duke needs to ask themselves if Jon Scheyer is the right guy. If this lineup can't beat NC State, there is some bad wrong with what they are doing.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
NCSU isn’t a tremendously talented team. It’s Burns and Horne and a supporting cast that works hard. Burns only had 4 def reb last night. He’s a terror to guard though. If they can get through Purdue they have a puncher’s chance.