Bracketology 2024

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
In 1985 Georgetown and Villanova played for the National Championship and I honestly hated to see either team lose because they both had good teams, great stories, and inspiring players. Still one of the best college basketball games I’ve ever seen, ranking right up there with NC State versus Houston for the championship.

I have a similar feeling this year about Purdue and UConn. Hate to see either lose. I may find myself pulling for one or the other when I watch but right now I want them both to win.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
In 1985 Georgetown and Villanova played for the National Championship and I honestly hated to see either team lose because they both had good teams, great stories, and inspiring players. Still one of the best college basketball games I’ve ever seen, ranking right up there with NC State versus Houston for the championship.

I have a similar feeling this year about Purdue and UConn. Hate to see either lose. I may find myself pulling for one or the other when I watch but right now I want them both to win.
Not me. I have NO PROBLEM cheering against UConn. Their fans were obnoxious jerks in San Antonio when they beat us for the title. The very definition of obnoxious NY *****les. I would root for uGa over UConn.

slugboy

Staff member

I couldn’t stand Patrick Ewing. He was a dirty player.

He tried that in the NBA and he got body slammed for it, and didn’t even understand why.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Proud of NCSU. They represented well, even though many said they didn’t belong. Too bad another ACC champ didn’t get the chance.
I thought they mostly outplayed Purdue except for one little detail - they couldn't shoot. Every time they needed a clutch basket to close within striking distance they missed. Had a good strategy against Edey, especially in the second half, which was to corner him and slap the ball away. Although he got his points, NC State was able to get some turnovers exploiting his lack of quickness. But alas, they couldn't shoot. At least that's the way it seemed to this untrained eye.

Burns delivers beautiful massage after final four exit:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I thought they mostly outplayed Purdue except for one little detail - they couldn't shoot. Every time they needed a clutch basket to close within striking distance they missed. Had a good strategy against Edey, especially in the second half, which was to corner him and slap the ball away. Although he got his points, NC State was able to get some turnovers exploiting his lack of quickness. But alas, they couldn't shoot. At least that's the way it seemed to this untrained eye.

Well done, young man! Well done! Respect.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming UConn wins, which I think they will, then you can thank my Syracuse fandom for allowing someone else to win the GTSwarm pool. The bracket I submitted was my 6-year-old's, and the only reason he didn't have UConn winning it all over Purdue is because he learned from a young age that UConvict is "a bunch of cheaters and poo poo heads."

The only influence I had on his bracket was to tell him that putting the 16-seed over Uconn in round 1 was not a good idea if he wanted to win.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Assuming UConn wins, which I think they will, then you can thank my Syracuse fandom for allowing someone else to win the GTSwarm pool. The bracket I submitted was my 6-year-old's, and the only reason he didn't have UConn winning it all over Purdue is because he learned from a young age that UConvict is "a bunch of cheaters and poo poo heads."

The only influence I had on his bracket was to tell him that putting the 16-seed over Uconn in round 1 was not a good idea if he wanted to win.
Aside from Bama’s deep run, I’ve been pretty happy with the tournament results this year.
I am really pulling for Purdue, and since it has been such a good tournament so far, I’m expecting the opposite…

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

... Leaves a nice message too 😉

(Typos get us all sooner or later, some of us more than others 😁)

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The BIG has flopped again. Every year they get more invites than any other conference, and every year don't win. When was the last BIG team to win championship, Michigan State? Last century.? Someone?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The BIG has flopped again. Every year they get more invites than any other conference, and every year don't win. When was the last BIG team to win championship, Michigan State? Last century.? Someone?
The timing of this post is weird. Purdue, the B1G champion, just lost to a great team in the national championship game. Purdue, and the B1G, have nothing to hang their heads about other than being the #2 team instead of #1. I don't completely disagree with your basic point, but last night was not a flop.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The timing of this post is weird. Purdue, the B1G champion, just lost to a great team in the national championship game. Purdue, and the B1G, have nothing to hang their heads about other than being the #2 team instead of #1. I don't completely disagree with your basic point, but last night was not a flop.
As much as I'd LOVE GT to win the Natty, I'd be darn happy being the runner up on a regular basis!

slugboy

Staff member