Bracketology 2024

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think we're missing each other. I'm saying there is a financial incentive to promote teams from certain conferences. That seems to jive with what you're saying. What am I missing?
Not sure I am all in on that the Networks influence the selections or seedlings.

For example in the Woman’s tournament the two biggest names are Clark from Iowa and Reese from LSU. The have put womens BB on the in the limelight. They played for the championship last year. This year Iowa is a 1 seed and LSU is a 3 seed. The committee has them in the Same Region so only one can make the Final Four. If Networks had their way there would be zero chance that would happen.

I simply don’t buy the “Bias” for the SEC that permeates this board regarding the men’s basketball NCAAT.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Both Alabama and Clemson have very mature rosters. It will be interesting to see how quickly they restock. My bet is very quickly at Alabama but not so quickly at Clemson.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Well, the commitee finally got something right. The fonal four has ACC, BIG, SEC, BIGEAST matchups. Should be entertaining.
Just coming to post this. I have no issue whatsoever with their top seeds. Of course, that’s like spotting 5* talent on a basketball court. The AQ’s take care of themselves. It’s the middle teams that are tough to do. It’s all about how you evaluate and distribute bids to the mass of middle teams that gets so screwed up, and they do that annually.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Should NCST have been invited if they didn't win the ACC Tournament? The results in the NCAA Tournament say yes, but they wouldn't have been.
They were #10 in the ACC with a 9-11 conference record.
Hard to choose those that truly deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe more ammo that maybe the ACC should of had 10 teams in the tournament.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Should NCST have been invited if they didn't win the ACC Tournament? The results in the NCAA Tournament say yes, but they wouldn't have been.
They were #10 in the ACC with a 9-11 conference record.
Hard to choose those that truly deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament. Maybe more ammo that maybe the ACC should of had 10 teams in the tournament.
I don't think it says who should be invited. I am pretty sure it does say that the "ACC only has a couple of competitive teams" is both wrong and dead. It also kills "tired legs" theory after they won 5 in 5 to win the ACC and survived the playoff game immediately after.

It is bad season for bad narratives.