Bracket Challenge

Techster

Helluva Engineer
First time I really paid attention to Villanova...that Divincenzo guy, wow. They would have called him "White Chocolate" back in 90's. lol

I mean, how many signature moments can you have in an entire tournament? The guy had more than 5 just in that game. I said "holy sh!t" more than once...especially on his blocks.

Villanova is just fun to watch play. I was watching their movement on defense, and it was gorgeous the way they switched guys and rotated over. It looked like it was choreographed, but obviously it's a live game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
First time I really paid attention to Villanova...that Divincenzo guy, wow. They would have called him "White Chocolate" back in 90's. lol

I mean, how many signature moments can you have in an entire tournament? The guy had more than 5 just in that game. I said "holy sh!t" more than once...especially on his blocks.

Villanova is just fun to watch play. I was watching their movement on defense, and it was gorgeous the way they switched guys and rotated over. It looked like it was choreographed, but obviously it's a live game.

They do call him the Michael Jordan of Delaware.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, here are Villanova's team recruiting rankings this decade
2018 - 12 (next yr's FR)
2017 - 28
2016 - 45
2015 - 29
2014 - 48
2013 - 36
2012 - 27
2011 - 22
2010 - 41

They may have guys that go to the NBA - but they are not really recruiting guys who are seen as sure fire NBA guys. They are recruiting good recruits who they develop into NBA guys.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
They may have guys that go to the NBA - but they are not really recruiting guys who are seen as sure fire NBA guys. They are recruiting good recruits who they develop into NBA guys.

One can add that the staff is coaching them up and the players are buying into the Villanova system. As a result, they develop great team chemistry.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems related to the above ...

Who's he talking about? The Kyle Lowry/Randy Foye team? Was the Amityville Horror (Fraser) on that team too?

it was a couple of the late 2000's teams. They had some highly rated players but they wouldn't play team basketball well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
it was a couple of the late 2000's teams. They had some highly rated players but they wouldn't play team basketball well.

Ah I remember now. The Scottie Reynolds, Corey Fisher team with the King kid from CA. And the Yarou kid who was rated higher than Favors.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Love me some DiVincenzo...unfortunately I came in 2nd in the bracket, fortunately there was no money on the line

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Big 10 continues to struggle in the big game.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ss-should-feel-very-familiar-to-big-ten-fans/

I do like that the Big 10 considers Maryland their most recent Natl Champ in basketball since they won the championship as an ACC member in 2002 (ironically beating a Big 10 team).
does that mean we should include titles by Syracuse and L'ville. Nah, they weren't members when they earned them.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fun article by Eric Bossi looking at the last 10 NCAA Champions and the kids that made up their primary rotation.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-what-does-it-take-to-build-an-ncaa-champion-

A couple of notes. No team has won a championship without at least 1 5* player on it.
No team has won a championship with more than 3 FR in its Top 6 rotation. (that would bode ill for Duke next year).

Biggest takeaway for me is that you have to have some top line talent, but you also need some good experienced players. If you are short on either you are likely to come up short in March.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Big 10 continues to struggle in the big game.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ss-should-feel-very-familiar-to-big-ten-fans/

I do like that the Big 10 considers Maryland their most recent Natl Champ in basketball since they won the championship as an ACC member in 2002 (ironically beating a Big 10 team).
does that mean we should include titles by Syracuse and L'ville. Nah, they weren't members when they earned them.

They're not members now except for ncaa bball money they bring in.