Bracket Challenge

Deleted member 2897

Here is a theory:

That’s weak. UNCheat is implicated too. And they ran fake classes for 2 decades. The committee is just incompetently inconsistent, that’s all it is. They don’t use consistent metrics to pick the top ~45 teams every year. Or even inside of the same year.

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ladies and gentlemen... Seth Greenberg.

"If this is being revealed alphabetically and I'm Kermit Davis and his team... when they saw Notre Dame out, they're sitting there going 'Man, we might be in'. "

Kermit Davis is the head coach of Middle Tennessee State.

They did list Seton Hall before Saint Bonaventure so you never know.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
How the hell did USC not get in? They seriously put Syracuse in over USC?
I was surprised they got left out too. the reasoning that's being thrown around is that they only beat 2 tourney teams this season (NMSU and CS Fullerton) being why. I mean the PAC was pretty weak this year but I don't see how you can leave out the team that finished 2nd in the reg season and 2nd in the tournament and take multiple teams behind them, especially with how bad ASU was in conference play

I don't really feel bad for ND missing though. Sure it sucks they had 2 really important players miss most of the year but that's just sports. If we want to seed people into playoffs based on what could have been why play the season?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok and ASU were beneficiaries of the fact the committee no longer looks at last 10 games - if you look at the data sheets they get the game dates are not even listed on them.
So especially for ASU, beating KS and Xavier (2 #1 seeds) in December is what got them in.

I don't think either would have gotten in if the committee still considered last 10, but they have been consistent for about 5 yrs now that your resume is your whole season and they all count the same.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Red, this year just seems to have more "misses" than usual, or maybe it just seems that way. Arizona State getting in over USC who was second in the regular season and tournament? Oklahoma getting in, but not Oklahoma State? Syracuse? Why would they not look a the last 10 games? Seems like you would want teams that are on a roll. And what if Trae Young had gotten hurt? Would they not have considered that? Seems like a bad job by the committee.

Deleted member 2897

Red, this year just seems to have more "misses" than usual, or maybe it just seems that way. Arizona State getting in over USC who was second in the regular season and tournament? Oklahoma getting in, but not Oklahoma State? Syracuse? Why would they not look a the last 10 games? Seems like you would want teams that are on a roll. And what if Trae Young had gotten hurt? Would they not have considered that? Seems like a bad job by the committee.

Well, in the committee's defense, USC was #50 in KenPom. #30 in RPI. So there is something there, but its not a shoe-in. They lost to Texas A&M, SMU, Oklahoma, Princeton, Washington, and Stanford. I mean, I would have put them in because the average ranking is around #40, and they finished SECOND in a P5 conference. And I would have definitely put them in over someone like Oklahoma or Syracuse. I think the Pac-12 was terrible this year, but I'd always put a #2 from the Pac-12 into the tournament over a #10 team from the ACC. I can't imagine finishing 2nd in the regular season in the Pac-12, losing in the finals of the conference tournament, sporting a 23-11 record...and not getting in. LOL.