Bracket Challenge 2019

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
At the end of the day they still live in Lubbock. You can put a trophy in the case & have a parade, but the next day they still live somewhere nobody else wants to & attend a school nobody really gives a crap about.
People who didn't grow up in and around a metro area might say the same thing about GT/Atlanta. Drop the elitist attitude. Different strokes for different folks.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
At the end of the day they still live in Lubbock. You can put a trophy in the case & have a parade, but the next day they still live somewhere nobody else wants to & attend a school nobody really gives a crap about.

...and that just further illustrates how woefully underperforming we’ve been for a while now.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Virginia opens as a 1 point favorite over Texas Tech. That is also the over/under ;)

I'm conflicted on who to root for. On one hand, I like the idea of Virginia not getting a championship and having that hang over them for a bit. I was disappointed when the Red Sox and Cubs got off the hook. On the other hand, I wonder if Virginia winning will lead to a helpful exodus for the rest of the ACC i.e., more guys leave who have accomplished all they need to accomplish in college.
Nope don't want to see uva win a ship this soon, especially since we haven't won one. UVA needs to suffer a bit. Go TT!

Deleted member 2897

I can’t get enough of watching the stupid *** Auburn fans running around their campus celebrating, unable to understand they actually lost. The extremely small minuscule amount of awareness and intelligence it takes to process whether a game ended or not ... I mean just damn.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t get enough of watching the stupid *** Auburn fans running around their campus celebrating, unable to understand they actually lost. The extremely small minuscule amount of awareness and intelligence it takes to process whether a game ended or not ... I mean just damn.

Give them a break. Most were learning the rules of basketball for the first time which is hard enough.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Warms my heart hearing the S-E-C chants. There’s probably no better way to articulate everything it stands for...

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Warms my heart hearing the S-E-C chants. There’s probably no better way to articulate everything it stands for...

Did you scroll down to the tweets from 'Chad' and listen to the Auburn announcers? Are people that ignorant down there?
I also think Pearl was being a bit of an *** geek for saying they need to call the fouls the same all game. I didn't watch that many SEC games this year but that foul has been called all year at Tech .....and who came up with the 'swallow the whistle' rule?....the second half shall be officiated for 19 minutes and 50 seconds. From that point forward, you're on your own. HA

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did you scroll down to the tweets from 'Chad' and listen to the Auburn announcers? Are people that ignorant down there?
I also think Pearl was being a bit of an *** geek for saying they need to call the fouls the same all game. I didn't watch that many SEC games this year but that foul has been called all year at Tech .....and who came up with the 'swallow the whistle' rule?....the second half shall be officiated for 19 minutes and 50 seconds. From that point forward, you're on your own. HA

I definitely missed the full context of Pearl’s interview and comments, however the quote I heard sounded to me as if he was providing a defense for the call, or any call in the last 10 sec, rather than a complaint. In other words, he said there’s no merit to saying something shouldn’t be called just because it’s the last 10 seconds as long as they’re consistent all game, but I didn’t think he was suggesting an issue with the officiating. At least that’s how I perceived his response to the specific question in the postgame.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
I definitely missed the full context of Pearl’s interview and comments, however the quote I heard sounded to me as if he was providing a defense for the call, or any call in the last 10 sec, rather than a complaint. In other words, he said there’s no merit to saying something shouldn’t be called just because it’s the last 10 seconds as long as they’re consistent all game, but I didn’t think he was suggesting an issue with the officiating. At least that’s how I perceived his response to the specific question in the postgame.
I hear ya. Perhaps he was trying to be diplomatic knowing he was going to walk into a hornets nest but I think he knew it was a foul and should have said 'it hurts to lose a game in the last few seconds'...something that leaves the officiating out of his response.

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
...and I was referring to what he said walking off the court. Perhaps he worded it better in the press conference. It's obvious most of Auburn's followers haven't watched much basketball.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I hear ya. Perhaps he was trying to be diplomatic knowing he was going to walk into a hornets nest but I think he knew it was a foul and should have said 'it hurts to lose a game in the last few seconds'...something that leaves the officiating out of his response.
What I heard on the radio while driving to the airport sounded like one of those "outside of the locker room with a reporter" interviews after talking with the team. Honestly, I interpreted his comments as deflecting from the fact that it was a foul so as not to throw his player under the bus. But again, the interview was played in soundbites so I only heard a question and an answer, not the full interview.

Even if that's the case, I agree there could have been subtle undertones directed at referring or by not being willing to talk about the foul directly. A smart coach/presenter/politician knows how to sound totally sincere while creating other stories. Pearl knew he was in front of a recorder/camera, so the salesman was probably on full bore.