Bracket Challenge 2019

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting note on Mich St.
as a school it is 9-2 in Elite Eight games. 2-9 in Final Four games.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting note on Mich St.
as a school it is 9-2 in Elite Eight games. 2-9 in Final Four games.

I wonder if that’s a comment on how far great coaching can take 3 and 4 star players. In the final four you often face great coaching with even better players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Depending upon Jones decision (and there are alot of Duke fans who think he is going because it is a weak PG year) and what they can do in the Spring, next year's Duke team is going to be alot less talented than this one and still not hugely experienced.
Bolden, Delaurier and White will be Sr. O'Connell a Jr. Then you have Vernon Carey coming in as a Top 5 player who will be a one and done. But Ellis is not a likely one and done and even Wendell Moore is seen as a potential multi-year player.
Agreed 100%. Also, UNC will likely loose White and Little, plus Cam Johnson, Luke Maye, and Kenny Williams. They are the Heels top five scorers.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
MSU also avoided transition buckets for the most part, which essentially negated anything Tre Jones can offer offensively.

It wasn't just negating Jones offensively, Winston carved him up defensively more than anyone I can remember seeing this year. 20 pts/10 assists with 1 TO and the ability to get wherever he wanted pretty much any time he wanted to get there. I did not expect that matchup to be that one sided.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree about the Mich St record. something doesn't add up. It was in a CBSSports article.
I'm going to go back and just get Izzo's record - since that is all that really matters anyways.

I have 8-2 for Izzo in Elite Games
3-6 in Final Four games with 1 NC and this year yet to go. (1 NC, 1 NC Game loss, 5 losses in the semis)
He's also never gone more than 5 yrs without making an NCAA Final Four and except for once it has never been more than 4 years.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree about the Mich St record. something doesn't add up. It was in a CBSSports article.
I'm going to go back and just get Izzo's record - since that is all that really matters anyways.

I have 8-2 for Izzo in Elite Games
3-6 in Final Four games with 1 NC and this year yet to go. (1 NC, 1 NC Game loss, 5 losses in the semis)
He's also never gone more than 5 yrs without making an NCAA Final Four and except for once it has never been more than 4 years.

Maybe we should hire one of his former assistants [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW,

Here is the Carsen Edwards highlight film against UVA

FWIW, Carsen's 34.75 per game avg is the first time since 1990 that a player has avg over 30 per game in the Tourney (Bo Kimble avg 35.8 and Dennis Scott 30.6).

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Maybe we should hire one of his former assistants [emoji4]

Heh, that's pretty funny. Keep these witty retorts coming, my friend.

ihy.gif

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Last year Duke was unstoppable with Bagley.

This year Duke was unstoppable with Zion.

Next year Duke will be unstoppable with _________.

Duke has been to 2 Final Fours in the last 15 years.