Bracket Challenge 2019

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I get that. I have teams I can't stand, too. I just don't act like it's a conspiracy. I understand sometimes they have better talent or sheer luck and they win. That concept seems foreign on this board.

More puzzling is the persistent narrative that the ACC has some evil conspiracy to get Tech. Given that we've not been relevant in basketball in about 15 years, I can't imagine Swofford / Satan gives us more than two seconds' thought

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I get that. I have teams I can't stand, too. I just don't act like it's a conspiracy. I understand sometimes they have better talent or sheer luck and they win. That concept seems foreign on this board.

More puzzling is the persistent narrative that the ACC has some evil conspiracy to get Tech. Given that we've not been relevant in basketball in about 15 years, I can't imagine Swofford / Satan gives us more than two seconds' thought

This is an interesting concept.

We saw the SEC tell its member schools to step their game up in hoops and they have, for the most part, making significant investments in coaching amd facilities.

With the onset of the ACCN, what becomes more important/valuable... A top heavy conference perpetuating its reputation or all boats rising to meet the requirements to drive ratings?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I mean I have to admit that when I see TV Teddy over on the Duke bench trying to rub bellies with K on every dead ball it makes me question his integrity when you see some calls he makes
He's just over there finding out who K wants him to call the next foul on.....c'mon man!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed a persistent pattern on this board. Interested if I am the only one...

GT wins: We are awesome. refs sucked but didn't cost us the game
GT wins: We are mediocre or bad. refs are in a big collusion to screw us and every missed shot was because of a foul. We never foul, or walk, etc

Duke wins: ACC & NCAA conspire to make sure they win at all costs
Duke loses: Refs tried their best but they couldn't do enough to cheat Duke to a win

Note: the Duke rules seem to apply to UNC, UVA and other blue bloods
Uhhh... it's been caught on tape, man...

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
Gonzaga opens -7 vs. FSU? That seems high.

That line has increased, presumably because Phil Cofer is sitting the game out after his father's passing. I just locked in FSU +300 on the moneyline, getting 3-1 odds on this game feels like value. Of course getting 9-1 odds on UCF over Duke felt like value too, and that didn't work out...

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That line has increased, presumably because Phil Cofer is sitting the game out after his father's passing. I just locked in FSU +300 on the moneyline, getting 3-1 odds on this game feels like value. Of course getting 9-1 odds on UCF over Duke felt like value too, and that didn't work out...

I’m surprised the line moved bc of Cofer news. He hasn’t played a single NCAAT game yet and Gray has been doing well in his absence

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I've called the Rick Barnes falling in the Sweet 16 all year long. Definitely was a great game but I can't decide what's more impressive, the awful Free Throw shooting or the fact that many points were put up with that kind of FT shooting.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Texas Tech is abusing that little Simpson kid on Michigan. Almost all of their points have come against him and he can't function against their defense.

Beilein appears ready to die on that hill.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Those nightcap games were absolute defensive slugfests. I went to bed early in the 2nd half of the TT v Mich game.
UVA basically won their game in the last 5 min of the first half after getting down 16-10.

Purdue is going to be an interesting test for UVA. If Edwards and Cline continue to shoot like they have it is going to be tough for UVA as Purdue has enough size and talent inside that they can't just ignore it to guard the 2 perimeter shooters.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Whoever said Michigan's offense was an inept as ours was freaking spot on. UVA's isn't much different.

No sir. UVA’s offense is a product of their style but they are still ridiculously efficient. There is no similarities between us and Michigan or Michigan and UVA

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No sir. UVA’s offense is a product of their style but they are still ridiculously efficient. There is no similarities between us and Michigan or Michigan and UVA

Eh, seems like all 3 are .. pass the ball around for 28 seconds then jak up a shot. Sure the 'action' is different and much more insightful for UM/UVA but the result is the same .. pass the ball around for 28 seconds, jak up a shot.

They are more skilled and make better passes and take better shots than us which, in my eyes, is the only difference. That's clearly a hottake but it's not far from right. Come at me, bros.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't want to imagine what our offense would look like against TT.

shaq.gif