Bracket Challenge 2019

Texwood

Jolly Good Fellow
VT and Virginia with reasonable leads. If they close it out, the ACC moves to 10-2 in the tournament.

We’ll be guaranteed 11-3 since Duke/VT play next. Virginia would play the winner of a 12/13 game. And North Carolina plays Auburn and FSU plays Gonzaga. So the ACC I would think would move to something like 10-2 tonight, then 13-4.

This figured to a be (another) good year for units, and we need all the financial help we can get. I would have made a big score if Duke fell to UCF today, but from here on out I want ACC units from this tourney, because it helps the GTAA.

Deleted member 2897

I mean, Zion charged on his final drive, knocking 1 guy out of the way. Then slammed into Fall fouling him. But Zion got the call. Then another Duke player blatantly held to help get the rebound on the missed free throw. This is what it’s like playing against Duke. You basically have to win by 10 points to overcome the typical Referring garbage.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Won back my airline cost for this spring break trip!
ECC5131C-3296-4575-84AA-7CA44058C4D9.jpeg

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
They certainly didn't let much contact go for Tacko. Guy can't even get a rebound without getting a foul called just because his arms are long. ****ing Zion launches the UCF guard 10 feet in the other direction and no one even thinks about calling the foul. Absolutely terrible. Duke had no chance with Tacko on the floor and he gets a foul called every time someone runs into him.

Not sure what game you watched. Tacko fouled every shooter in the lane. Easily 20 non calls on him. Reddish cleanly blocks a Dawkins three. Whistle. Airball with shot clock expiring clearly hits nothing, but they review for an hour and let it stand. Duke took 12 FTs for the game. UCF took 20.

Sorry to deflate your bubble, but your narrative doesn't hold water. Game was atrociously called both ways. Officiating in the tourney has been consistently bad. Tennessee almost got sent home on a phantom foul on jump shooter. Waters took about 5 steps on his way to game winner over Maryland. Its of reviews that have led to head scratching conclusions.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not sure what game you watched. Tacko fouled every shooter in the lane. Easily 20 non calls on him. Reddish cleanly blocks a Dawkins three. Whistle. Airball with shot clock expiring clearly hits nothing, but they review for an hour and let it stand. Duke took 12 FTs for the game. UCF took 20.

Sorry to deflate your bubble, but your narrative doesn't hold water. Game was atrociously called both ways. Officiating in the tourney has been consistently bad. Tennessee almost got sent home on a phantom foul on jump shooter. Waters took about 5 steps on his way to game winner over Maryland. Its of reviews that have led to head scratching conclusions.
Agree on the Reddish block but no way was Tacko fouling everyone in the lane and no way could you overturn that airball, if that's what it was. Even if you don't want to call a charge on Zion, it's a block on the floor. If you ignore that contact, then at least be consistent and ignore the 100x more minor contact between Zion and Tacko and just call it 2 points. Tacko was straight up.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Narrator:

And the thread reached the point where interesting discussion ceased and partisans whined about the referees, with specific, seemingly to their partisan eyes, instances of inherent, indisputable bias.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I've noticed a persistent pattern on this board. Interested if I am the only one...

GT wins: We are awesome. refs sucked but didn't cost us the game
GT wins: We are mediocre or bad. refs are in a big collusion to screw us and every missed shot was because of a foul. We never foul, or walk, etc

Duke wins: ACC & NCAA conspire to make sure they win at all costs
Duke loses: Refs tried their best but they couldn't do enough to cheat Duke to a win

Note: the Duke rules seem to apply to UNC, UVA and other blue bloods

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've noticed a persistent pattern on this board. Interested if I am the only one...

GT wins: We are awesome. refs sucked but didn't cost us the game
GT wins: We are mediocre or bad. refs are in a big collusion to screw us and every missed shot was because of a foul. We never foul, or walk, etc

Duke wins: ACC & NCAA conspire to make sure they win at all costs
Duke loses: Refs tried their best but they couldn't do enough to cheat Duke to a win

Note: the Duke rules seem to apply to UNC, UVA and other blue bloods

98%+ of us, excluding you, abhor dook. What's hard to understand about that?