Bracket Busting

Which would you rather?

• Traditional Bracket - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Traditional Bracket - for bragging rights only

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for $5 buy in; 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Upset Bracket (bonus point for upsets) - for bragging rights only

• Both - for $5 Each submission, 2nd place gets $5 and 1st gets the rest for each style

• Both - for bragging rights only

• Total voters

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
You have to invest in your programs to be good. For the most part, the ACC is not. SEC has upped their spending and look much better. Just look at the coaches in each conference

One of my pet theories about the ACC/GOR/Conference Realignment is that the real trigger point for things is when the ACC basketball schools realize they've fallen too far behind in the arms race. I think right now there's some walking zombies who don't know how much trouble they're in yet, and when it's noticed it might have drastic results. Is there a world where Duke becomes a basketball-only school, say? Or at least moves to a conference with a much heavier basketball-first focus if the rest of the ACC continues to become mediocre in all sports?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else hear Tom Izzo telling the interviewer his player can afford buying him some pizza in NY next week since he has NIL money?! LOL...gotta love how NIL has changed the game and coaches now have no qualms letting everyone know.

Far cry from the days where Duke was hiding players parents in an affluent neighborhood in Durham.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Great win by Miami. The only downside to them winning is that piece of ****, LazyAD, lucks into basketball program success he had nothing to do with.

If Drad ate chips with the same level of commitment he gives to basketball, it'd look like this ...

King Of The Hill Eating GIF

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Quick Update this morning, @LawTalkin Jacket holding onto a narrow lead over last year's champ @UgaBlows with some possible movement incoming based on the outcomes of tonight's games.

I.. can't say I am pulling for Bama, but it would help my bracket. Has been a fun tournament so far with some pretty interesting upsets. Looking forward to coming years and hopefully having our Jackets fighting through to the S16 regularly.

Updated Standings:

1679668624678.png

slugboy

Staff member
Quick Update this morning, @LawTalkin Jacket holding onto a narrow lead over last year's champ @UgaBlows with some possible movement incoming based on the outcomes of tonight's games.

I.. can't say I am pulling for Bama, but it would help my bracket. Has been a fun tournament so far with some pretty interesting upsets. Looking forward to coming years and hopefully having our Jackets fighting through to the S16 regularly.

Updated Standings:

View attachment 14180
That my horrendous bracket is at 9 is amazing
(It won’t last—thanks UVA!)